Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened to GOLOVKIN's Hype? Secret SNAC Transformation coming?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
    I mean this is simply wrong. If fighters dont make contracted catchweights then the fights are subject to cancellation.

Fighters dont get stripped unless the fight happens.

If GGG had the balls to fight Ward at 164 and Ward came in as a CHAMPION at 168. GGG would cancel the fight and neither guy would be stripped...because the fight DIDN'T HAPPEN.

What would happen is both guys and their promoters would be out a LOT of money from training fees, trainer fee, nutrition, security, press conferences, marketing, commercials, interview air time, POV advertising, sparring partners, etc.

That is why 99/100 fighters MAKE WEIGHT for contracted catchweights. That is also why Danny Jacobs has INSURANCE in case he had to cancel the JCC Jr. fight so he would recoup ALL of his expenses

And EVERY sanctioning org and ALL their BELTS do whatever the A side says. That is why the create belts for Floyd, Manny, Canelo, Cotto, etc...because the A side is above the rules.

Get your facts straight
    Everything that I told you in there is 100% correct. My facts are 100% straight.

You talking about fighters pulling out and fights being cancelled doesn't alter the fact that sanctioning bodies order eliminators and mandatory defences at the official divisional limit and sanction title fights at the official divisional limit, whether they are fought at a catchweight or not.

https://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-ge...-rumble--91815

“The middleweight division is 160 lbs. as the limit for an official (title) fight,” noted WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman when addressing concerns over the possibility of Geale coming in above the contracted weight limit. “Any weight less than 160 is official.”

I'm surprised that a so called Canelo fan doesn't know this, because Canelo vs Hatton, for the WBC JMW title, had a catchweight of 150lbs, and Canelo still won the title after coming in over the contracted catchweight but under the official sanctioned weight

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
      The former P4P #1 is nonexistent...

Super GGG coming? I better hope so. I expect nothing less than a HULK to show up at 168.
      GGG still hasn’t lost in the ring. At 38 years old, he is better than any American fighter in boxing. Of course that makes you feel small, if I were you, and had so many cowards ducking fights representing me, I’d be bitter as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by JP Marra View Post
        GGG still hasn’t lost in the ring. At 38 years old, he is better than any American fighter in boxing. Of course that makes you feel small, if I were you, and had so many cowards ducking fights representing me, I’d be bitter as well.
        Funny trolling mayne

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Are you kidding me? One judge gave Canelo 6 rounds against Floyd when we all know Canelo got swept in that fight. If Floyd really had the judges in his back pocket there is no way Canelo would have been awarded 6 rounds in that fight.
          Bro...come on...poor example...you chose the one fight Floyd had vs the only other guy who comes to mind for having judges in his back pocket...you could point to one terrible card on average for Canelo fights for probably his whole career since that Floyd fight.

I don't hate on Floyd...he was great imo...only real close fight I saw of his was vs JLC and I thought it was a 7-5 either way fight with an edge to Floyd...never watched a lot of his fights though, such as the ODLH and full Maidana fights which some mention...I thought he beat Pac 8-4 pretty clearly though.

But yeah he certainly won like 11-1 on cards in a lot of fights where he deserved 8-4 or so...my view anyway.

I think the McGregor fight is a good example of it...Floyd pretty clearly lost the first 3 rounds...he hardly threw a punch...and 2 of 3 judges gave him 2 of those rounds.

He was the A-side in boxing/Vegas and made everyone rich when he fought...to beat him you had to KO him...and he just got great cards in Vegas because he made everyone so rich.

Still a great fighter though just was protected in that sense.

Comment

Cotto made 145 for Manny and didnt cry

Canelo made 152 for Floyd and didnt cry
            GGG would have gone to 154 for Manny or Floyd...he is on the record as saying as much...people made huge concessions vs those 2 guys all the time, they gave you retirement money man!!

To be fair to your one point...I think GGG could have budged on weight earlier vs Canelo or even Cotto (if he really wanted to get paid), but honestly I don't even know if that would have worked in getting a fight with them sooner.

Those 2 guys had other similar, less scary, and equally profitable options compared to GGG in that few year period so they didn't really need him.

And I don't think GGG wanted to whore himself out and drain himself against guys fighting at his weight class...I think he would have drained himself vs Floyd or Manny because 154 is probably a fair weight for them since they are naturally considerably smaller men than GGG...but Cotto and Canelo were fighting at MW...so GGG said fight me at MW.

GGG got lucky that the public was kind of pushing Canelo to finally face him so that fight got made and GGG got a pretty fair shake out of it really (besides the bad cards in those fights, imho...but that's what happens when you face the A-side...you gotta KO him sometimes to win the fight...it is what it is).

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Everything that I told you in there is 100% correct. My facts are 100% straight.

You talking about fighters pulling out and fights being cancelled doesn't alter the fact that sanctioning bodies order eliminators and mandatory defences at the official divisional limit and sanction title fights at the official divisional limit, whether they are fought at a catchweight or not.

https://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-ge...-rumble--91815

“The middleweight division is 160 lbs. as the limit for an official (title) fight,” noted WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman when addressing concerns over the possibility of Geale coming in above the contracted weight limit. “Any weight less than 160 is official.”

I'm surprised that a so called Canelo fan doesn't know this, because Canelo vs Hatton, for the WBC JMW title, had a catchweight of 150lbs, and Canelo still won the title after coming in over the contracted catchweight but under the official sanctioned weight
              The contract was rewritten. As it was for Floyd JMM and every other major fight. Remember boxing is a JOB. And these guys are earning money.

So B sides take bonuses...no big deal, no crying.

The only one crying is Borat and his fans

Comment

The contract was rewritten. As it was for Floyd JMM and every other major fight. Remember boxing is a JOB. And these guys are earning money.

So B sides take bonuses...no big deal, no crying.

The only one crying is Borat and his fans
                The contract was for a catchweight JMW title fight at 150lbs.

Canelo weighed in over 150 and had to pay a fine for not making the contracted weight. But he weighed in under 154 - which was the sanctioned weight - so he was still able to fight for the WBC JMW title.

Canelo guaranteed the WBC that he would defend their MW title at the sanctioned weight of 160lb if he beat Cotto.

GGG was guaranteed a shot at the MW title at the sanctioned weight of 160lbs if he stepped aside to allow the Cotto/Canelo fight to go ahead first.

Canelo broke his word to the WBC and GGG, that's why he was stripped of the title.
                Last edited by kafkod; 02-04-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Cotto won MW title at 159 and fought at 157 and 155 and Canelo won MW title at 155. Neither of those guys, established A-side stars, made a fuss about Catchweights.

Canelo made 152 for Floyd and 155 for Cotto.

Cotto made 145 for Pacquiao

But GGG who was 32 years old and fighting guys like Praksa and Rosario (literal journeymen) refused to make any concessions. So, yeah, GGG had to wait for those fights. That's what happens.
                  Canelo made 152 for Floyd and LOST.

Cotto made 155 for Canelo and LOST.

Cotto made 145 for Pac and LOST.

Now let's add context.

Canelo made 152 for Floyd and lost because he was drained.

Cotto made 155 for Canelo because Canelo had been fighting at 155 for TWO FULL YEARS.

Cotto said he would NEVER cut that kind of weight again. Guess why.

Against anyone else aside from cotto/canelo/mayweather GGG would have been the A-side.

Those guys "never" made a fuss because they benefit the most from a catchweight. Look at Canelo. Only fight he has had against a guy his size is GGG and even then he needed PEDs.

Everyone else he had either drained or has been a weight bully. All you guys talk about how Canelo is a small MW.

Lmfao.

All of a sudden he became a full fledged 175lber over night and could beat anyone from 160-175 lmfao. Dude has ALWAYS been picking on smaller men and when they're bigger he drains them down.

Feel free to refute

Comment

• Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
                    Canelo made 152 for Floyd and LOST.

Cotto made 155 for Canelo and LOST.

Cotto made 145 for Pac and LOST.

Now let's add context.

Canelo made 152 for Floyd and lost because he was drained.

Cotto made 155 for Canelo because Canelo had been fighting at 155 for TWO FULL YEARS.

Cotto said he would NEVER cut that kind of weight again. Guess why.

Against anyone else aside from cotto/canelo/mayweather GGG would have been the A-side.

Those guys "never" made a fuss because they benefit the most from a catchweight. Look at Canelo. Only fight he has had against a guy his size is GGG and even then he needed PEDs.

Everyone else he had either drained or has been a weight bully. All you guys talk about how Canelo is a small MW.

Lmfao.

All of a sudden he became a full fledged 175lber over night and could beat anyone from 160-175 lmfao. Dude has ALWAYS been picking on smaller men and when they're bigger he drains them down.

Feel free to refute
                    Unlike you I saw the fights and press conferences. If you think ggg and Canelo were the same size you are blind as a bat! Google that sht.

Next your gonna say Fielding, Chavez, Kovalov were Canelos size?? You have to be a really sLty hater to even think that sht! You ain’t never boxed is what your comments tell me... Fkn sMe size LMFAO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Unlike you I saw the fights and press conferences. If you think ggg and Canelo were the same size you are blind as a bat! Google that sht.

Next your gonna say Fielding, Chavez, Kovalov were Canelos size?? You have to be a really sLty hater to even think that sht! You ain’t never boxed is what your comments tell me... Fkn sMe size LMFAO!!!
                      You're so stupid that you associate height as the same thing as size.

From the Ring Magazine

https://www.******.com/517147-gennad...ger-man-weigh/

Also didnt ODLH say Canelo walks around at 190+?

"Small" huh?

GGG is slightly taller than Canelo but Canelo is a lot wider than GGG.

If they werent the same size how did Canelo fight at his true walk around weight vs Kovalev?

180ish pounds? A 180+ pound middle weight. The same size as GGG.

God people like you are such trash.
                      Last edited by R-Hand Southpaw; 02-04-2020, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X