The reason some fighters are blindly hated and others blindly loved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because i'm blind!

Comment

I found this on a blog, and without disclosing the site I'll just share the opinion because the guy made a pretty compelling argument...

Many Non-Black Men Measure Their Manhood By Besting Black Men.

The match between Victor Ortiz and Floyd Mayweather Jr. this past Saturday night stirred a lot of emotions. In many people, particularly Non-Blacks, it stirred anger to the point of rage; simply because Floyd Mayweather seems to be a man that no one can seem to figure out how to beat. Floyd Mayweather is a America’s worst nightmare: A young, RICH, black man who is confident as hell to the point of cockiness. This society HATES seeing black men who are this way. It screws with the racial hierarchy in the minds of many people.

Don’t get me wrong, a lot of the things that Floyd does, I don’t agree with at all. Although his antics are annoying as hell, the reason for people’s hatred of him has gone above and beyond his, perceived, antics. These people hate Floyd for the same reason why they hated Jack Johnson, Muhammad Ali, and Roy Jones Jr. They hate him because he is a black man who’s UNBROKEN. One thing that I have learned from being a black man in America, is that people HATE, and I do mean HATE, to see a black man who is CONFIDENT. It eats people the hell up to see black men walking with their head up high with their confident swagger. People will stop at NOTHING to bring black MEN who are like this the hell down.

The amount of hate that this man is generating from non-blacks is utterly insane. You have got many non-blacks literally PRAYING for this *****’s downfall. You have got strategists all over the damn internet trying to come up with blueprints on how to defeat Floyd Mayweather Jr. They sure as hell aren’t coming up with blueprints on how to defeat Manny Pacquaio. Hell, in fact, you have whites, Mexicans, and Asians alike, who see Manny Pacquaio as their damn saving grace as far as besting the black brute.

I have never seen a man generate so much hate in people. It’s become an obsession of many non-blacks to best this *****; and the reason being is because Floyd Mayweather is one of our last great black champions. Like I have said before, a million times, is that boxing, as well as other combat sports, are all SYMBOLIC.

Many non-black men, whether they admit it, or not, are intimidated by black men, and many of them feel EMPOWERED when they see a non-black man kick a black man’s ass in ANYTHING; especially fighting. Other non-black men can fight and defeat each other all the time in sports, or any other type of competition, and there is hardly any animosity between the two afterward. However, every time a non-black man has to go up against a black man, in anything, it seems, all of sudden, everything takes on a whole new meaning. It’s no longer friendly competition, it becomes war.

I have experienced this before. These mofos start competing as if the lives of their damn mommas were threatened. Many of these mofos will stop at NOTHING to come in ahead of you. If they feel like you are rising above them, many non-black men can become ugly as hell in their behavior towards you. In fact, many of them become outright HOSTILE. It seems to be some unwritten rule that seems to be embedded in all non-black men when it comes to black men.

Whether many of them want to admit it or not, black men are ALWAYS on their mind. The only time many of them will leave black men the hell alone is when you are so downtrodden, emasculated, and broken that you are no longer a threat to them in any way whatsoever. I have never seen any other group of men get treated that way on a constant basis. That’s the main reason why this society loves black men that are OLD, GAY, or damn BUMS.

These men are no longer a threat in any way whatsoever. Hell, this society even prefers the thuggish *****s to the MASCULINE, UPSTANDING black man; because they know many of these *****s will do nothing but terrorize their own people. It’s the upstanding, intelligent, masculine black men that this society fears. Hell, the most that they have to fear from these, so-called, thugs is the stealing of their damn hubcaps. I laugh at these thuggish *****s who truly believe that they are rebels without a cause…Give me a break. Nobody cares about these *****s besides the people who they constantly terrorize–whom, more often than not, are their own people.

Floyd Mayweather Jr., whether he knows it or not, is a figure-head. He is representing a lot more than himself. He is the representation of the masculinity of Black American Men, as a whole; and although I don’t like the way he acts, I also understand what his defeat would mean to non-blacks. This has gone far above and beyond healthy competition. This is RACIAL. As long as he stands tall, and continues to be victorious, non-black men feel emasculated. That’s really what it all boils down to. There may be a lot of black men who dislike Floyd Mayweather Jr. However, if they think that non-black men will separate them from Floyd when it comes to challenging their asses, they are crazy. In fact, should Floyd ever get bested, many of these non-black men will even become MORE confident when it comes to challenging black men out here.

To most non-blacks, ALL black men are seen as ONE IN THE SAME. They make no distinction when it comes to us. Take it from somebody who knows. Many of them could care less about whether you are a good black man or a bad one. The only thing many non-blacks see when it comes to blacks and non-blacks, is whether you are black or white when it comes to dealing with you. To many non-blacks, ALL BLACK MEN ARE BAD. I had to learn this lesson the hard way after being surrounded by them for years, and dealing with the blatant racism that many of them unleashed on me on a constant basis out here in the Bay Area. If I would have known then, what I know now, I would have done things a lot differently.

My goodness didn’t mean a damn thing to many of these racist groups of people–and it still doesn’t. I was just another worthless ***** as far as they were concerned; and NOTHING could sway the opinions of many of them otherwise. That also goes for many black women also; as many of them ALSO see black men only under the guise of stereotypes.

The bottom line is this: many non-black men measure their manhood in comparison to black men. That’s the main reason why they are damn near drooling at the thought of Floyd Mayweather’s defeat. They are looking for any confirmation that they can get that they are, somehow, manlier than what they perceive black men to be. They compare their masculinity to black men’s in damn near every way.

Many black men out here have no clue as to how most non-black men view them. In many cases, black men come at them in friendship, but many of them sure as hell don’t see black men that way. In fact, many of them view black men as a major threat…Period. I was the same way when I was younger; until I woke the hell up and saw what time it was. These men are not playing around when it comes to us. It’s not just one group of people either. It’s ALL OF THEM. I see mofos from every shade you can possibly imagine who are putting all of their faith in the Pac-Man to kick Floyd’s ass. They aren’t even worried about each other either; as they all seem to be equally obsessed with vanquishing the black brute.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
        Floyd has class in the ring only, that's why I don't care for the guy too much.
        floyd "suckerpunch" mayweather disagree with u

Comment

Originally posted by The Nature Boy View Post
          I found this on a blog, and without disclosing the site I'll just share the opinion because the guy made a pretty compelling argument...
          its not about race

there are alot of top cocky black fighters in the past but they never received as much hate as floyd have

they are actually more loved by many than hated

the reason why his reciving alot of hate is because of his constant claim that his better than the greats like ali and robinson but at the same time his ducking oppositions that sims to give a risk for his 0 record and cherrypicking easier opponents

when u starts saying ur better than those greats that people respects while ur duckig opponents that people want u to deal with then believe me ull receive hate

and whos fault was it?

floyd himself made people hate him

ali was loved
          leonard was loved
          roy was loved

its not about race

Comment

This thread is BS. I love Floyd precisely cos he's loud, arrogant and up himself. It's called being a man. I act like I am a ****ing Don, when really I'm a geeky PhD student who wears glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
              its not about race

there are alot of top cocky black fighters in the past but they never received as much hate as floyd have

they are actually more loved by many than hated

the reason why his reciving alot of hate is because of his constant claim that his better than the greats like ali and robinson but at the same time his ducking oppositions that sims to give a risk for his 0 record and cherrypicking easier opponents

when u starts saying ur better than those greats that people respects while ur duckig opponents that people want u to deal with then believe me ull receive hate

and whos fault was it?

floyd himself made people hate him

ali was loved
              leonard was loved
              roy was loved

its not about race
              When someone is quick to dismiss race, then that usually means race is the elephant in the room. Mayweather has been in 19 World title fights, fought 15 different World champions, and has been Undefeated for 15 years. Why would his personality overshadow these accomplishments in peoples minds? Name one non black athlete who has accomplished nearly as much as Floyd in their respective sport, yet to have the public and media still discredit their accomplishments?

Why is it a problem for Floyd to think in his mind he is greater than any other boxer? If you read what I posted, then it's easy to agree with what the writer is saying based on your opinion, because you obviously have a problem with Floyd's level of confidence in himself.

Comment

Originally posted by trukk08 View Post
                Same reasons why Floyd is picked apart in the media and in the news for doing nothing and others are forgotten

Check this video. Floyd has never done anything nearly as bad as any of these guys, but he is made to be the most hated boxer in history.

You've got murderers, drug dealers, strong arm robbery, Sugar Ray Leonard beat his wife (i didn't know that) BUT Floyd is accused of beating his wife(WITH NO PROOF) and takes away his son's iPhone.... Lock him up SMH
                this is really going to happen in this YOUTUBE time, every idiot will demand a video to accept anything as fact.

Comment

i think floyd gets hated on mainly becasue of combnation of 2 things...

him not being a crowd pleaser and cocky....

look for example mike tyson, yes he was cocky but he was exciting thus got more love than hate...

ward gets hated too for being unexcting but atleast he is a humble guy...so i think he gets more love than hate....

floyd gets ****ted on all the time, out of 100% reaction he gets, 99% is hate...he got all the recipe that breeds hate....lol

Comment

Go to the New York Times site and search floyd mayweather jr. Then read the article about his business model. He is completely changing how big name fighters are getting paid. I think this is a big part of it. The model he, haymon, and ellerbee have created is completely different and allows the individual fighter to profit significantly.

In order for this model to work, floyd has had to be very smart about the opponents he faces,because, lets be real, every fighter who gets to this level picks his opposition. Floyd, in selling himself, has done it in an arrogant, self grandiose way that has helped him but not necessarily boxing as a whole. He isn't helping to build other fighters, just his bank account.

If you watch the ESPN 30 for 30 about the U, the hate and jealousy they received is very similiar to floyd.

Comment

Let the two settle the issue INSIDE THE RING!
                      Allow the two Boxers to pour out their heart INSIDE THE RING!
                      Give the Boxing Fans a Fair Shake!
                      Let the Pacman vs Floydie Fight proceed next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X