Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont Americans just scrap NFL, NBA, MLB and join the rest of the world with footb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yonge.heffer View Post
    Because nobody will show it on TV.

If Americans cant stuff commercials into your face every time-out or after every touchdown or punt then it will never be popular.

Am I the only one annoyed at the constant commercials and TV commercials in NBA/NFL?
    Its been bad in the NFL this year

Comment

because they are not very good at it?

Comment

gtfoutta here

Comment

Basketball and American football are amazing. F*** off.

Comment

Originally posted by 2stepshep View Post
            It's because of the reason you brought up earlier. No time to show commercials. I'll admit that I really don't watch Rugby too much. But it does seem like a tough sport (no pads) that requires endless amounts of stamina. I think if you were to put in a NFL player who played a defensive position he'd be out of gas in 15 minutes. No breaks after a play.

But at the same time if you were to get a Rugby player and put him in certain positions in American football he wouldn't have the size to compete. I mean defensive positions not offensive. I could see a Rugby player being a WR or a TE since that position requires speed and stamina.

When I really try to compare the two Rugby requires a lot of stamina and grit. The NFL requires grit and may have breaks but that has to do with strategy. Getting that football across the field requires strategy. That is why the players line up a different way after each play.

But if you like Rugby more then more power to you. I probably would like it more if they showed it more over here in the States.
            Well because to play O-line or D-line in Football you need to be pushing 300lb+, you cant have that in Rugby because you need to run up and down the field for 40 minutes a half with no breaks, thats why you dont see many 300+lb in Rugby, sure there are some and there are some fat asses.

I like both rugby and NFL but NFL is becoming the No Fun League, its being pussified to the point where soon QB's are going to have little flags on their ass that defenders are going to pull like in flag football

Comment

You're so close minded its pathetic.

What don't you get? Most Americans are raised with Baseball, Basketball, or American Football. That's what they grow up with and that's what they grow up liking.

You just expect everyone to dump it all and start following football? Be real. All three sports have big followings its just the way Americans are.

Although, imagine if USA really threw away all their sports and dedicated themselves to football? They would be a mass powerhouse and would school the likes of England the way the Germans did in South Africa everytime.

Would be a mass genocide.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                Why not be normal and play football instead? Scrap all your dumb american sports, Basketball can stay though, and come play a sport the rest of the world does.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Benze View Post
                  You're so close minded its pathetic.

What don't you get? Most Americans are raised with Baseball, Basketball, or American Football. That's what they grow up with and that's what they grow up liking.

You just expect everyone to dump it all and start following football? Be real. All three sports have big followings its just the way Americans are.

Although, imagine if USA really threw away all their sports and dedicated themselves to football? They would be a mass powerhouse and would school the likes of England the way the Germans did in South Africa everytime.

Would be a mass genocide.
                  Damn right mang If we gave a shit about soccer, we'd be the best in the world at that too.

Comment

Because unlike the rest of the world, we have the means and ability to focus on multiple sports.

Anyways. inter football is growing in popularity rapidly. ESPN used to not show ***** of inter football, as long ago as maybe 2-3 years. Now every week there are highlights and what have you.

Man U - stoke highlights. ****ing Barca highlights. Bayern highlights. All kinds of crap. It's pretty interesting to see. It is really growing in popularity.

All because of the last World Cup. There has been a jump in popularity.

Comment

The reason most of the world is enamored by football is simple - it requires virtually no equipment, so no matter how broke you or your environment are, you can play and practice.

Comment

Working...
                      X