Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Champions' retired records.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- -Maher didn't retire after Fitz KOed for the title Corbett had forfeited.

I'll double check boxrec to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Maher didn't retire after Fitz KOed for the title Corbett had forfeited.

I'll double check boxrec to make sure.
      Reckon you misunderstood me. I meant I'd add Peter's retired, which I assume would be a ton, because he was at least as much champion as the WBA reg champs.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Reckon you misunderstood me. I meant I'd add Peter's retired, which I assume would be a ton, because he was at least as much champion as the WBA reg champs.
        - -Dunno what that means, but the double hip replacement retired 6yrs Neilson retired Field more than Field retired him.

Neilson former IBO champ challenging Rocky's 49-0 mark that Field never came close to.

Comment

- -Dunno what that means, but the double hip replacement retired 6yrs Neilson retired Field more than Field retired him.

Neilson former IBO champ challenging Rocky's 49-0 mark that Field never came close to.
          When Corbett retired he held a fight between his pupil and Peter Maher. Maher won and was awarded the championship by Corbett himself.

Later Maher would lose to Fitz, but when Corbett returned from acting he reclaimed his title voiding the Peter Maher reign as heavyweight champion. I believe, It's been a while, but I think this lineage goes to Sharkey in the famous Earp fight and eventually even falls on Sam Langford.

Anyway, my only point was I'd add Peter Maher as a heavyweight champion even though traditionally most lists skip him.

Comment

Swedish heavyweight Brian Neilsen?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Swedish heavyweight Brian Neilsen?
              I think he means DANISH heavyweight Brian Nielsen - though I don't get the "double hip replacement" thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
                I think he means DANISH heavyweight Brian Nielsen - though I don't get the "double hip replacement" thing.
                - -I did mean The Dane who challenged Rocky's record in between whipping the last guy to try, Holmes.

He retired 6 yr to later have a double hip replacement, the infirm fighter Field chose for both their last bouts.

Comment

Working...
                X