Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Ward beating Dawson at 168 was a lose, lose situation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
    That was not feather fisted punches, Ward is coming into his prime and he landed soo many good hard punches that anyone would be in trouble.

Chad is not not used to fight at this tempo, but besides that I dont think he looked gassed at all.

Infact i think your whole post is BS and you cant possible mean what you said
    Ward isn't a strong puncher I don't care what anybody says. His punches looked strong because he was fighting a shadow. How the hell is Ward supposed to hurt a natural cruiserweight when he can't even put glass chinned SMW's on the canvas?

As I said Dawson was dead at the weight. It might not be Wards fault, but I'm not going to endlessly praise him because he beat a severely weight drained, weakened, and dehydrated fighter.

It doesn't matter how strong you look. Looking string and being strong are two different things.

Comment

This was only a good win on paper. There's no way Dawson was 100% in this fight. The dude had no punch resistance at all. His legs were soaked noodles in there. There's no way a healthy Chad only throws 100 punches. Only the people who said Dawson looked good at the weigh in will tell you he wasn't drained cause they dunno sht. And I believe Dawson was paid to not discredit Ward in the post fight interview. Larry Merchant asked Dawson the first question that had nothing to do with weight and Dawson answered without mentioning weight at all. Then Merchant asked him:
      Are you implying that the weight was an issue?
      Dawson answered the exact same way he answered the first question.

Btw people been saying this before the fight even happened, Ward will not get credit for fighting a drained Dawson. Like I said, only a good defense on paper. For those who didn't watch the fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

dawson got himself in this situation in the first place. give ward his due for his masterful performance.

Comment

Posters who picked Dawson:

#1Assassin, -Hyperion-, -SWIFT-, 713832281, americanbot, Big_L, Boxingwizard, Chex31, danceswithfire, Double, elijahlyric, fatmash, gauze, JBell11, JoeWbbmest311, judge_jab, KayDub, Ko King 212, Mr. Fantastic, PBP, Phenom, piye, Ring Leader, SekondzOut, SPREAD, stealthie, stilltharow, SUPREME., The Ban Stick, The Smash, trainhard_187, tranquilo, twosweethooks, vfrrje, WarMaidana, devildg, jab2theballs, King of ****, Rip Chudd, VatoMulattoZerwas1, _original

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post

#1Assassin, -Hyperion-, -SWIFT-, 713832281, americanbot, Big_L, Boxingwizard, Chex31, danceswithfire, Double, elijahlyric, fatmash, gauze, JBell11, JoeWbbmest311, judge_jab, KayDub, Ko King 212, Mr. Fantastic, PBP, Phenom, piye, Ring Leader, SekondzOut, SPREAD, stealthie, stilltharow, SUPREME., The Ban Stick, The Smash, trainhard_187, tranquilo, twosweethooks, vfrrje, WarMaidana, devildg, jab2theballs, King of ****, Rip Chudd, VatoMulattoZerwas1, _original

I picked Dawson too but only because I hate Ward so much.

Mainly because of his crap nickname but for other reasons too.

Comment

Daaaaaaaaamn, just put them all on blast!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology
                when the weigh-in pics came out everyone on here was saying how dawson DIDNT look drained and how he looked so strong, in shape etc.
                If you know your stuff you know that the guy was not gonna be 100% no matter how he looked. Dawson was never in that fight. Go back and watch it and watch in between rounds. He was never in his corner. The dude was somewhere else. He was out of it. Dawson had a tough fight vs Pascal and started to come back without quitting. You think Dawson is the quitting type? You think an 100% Dawson would quit?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  I picked Dawson too but only because I hate Ward so much.

Mainly because of his crap nickname but for other reasons too.
                  lol yeah I know.

I just made that list because so far I dont think those guys made any excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                    Ward isn't a strong puncher I don't care what anybody says. His punches looked strong because he was fighting a shadow. How the hell is Ward supposed to hurt a natural cruiserweight when he can't even put glass chinned SMW's on the canvas?

As I said Dawson was dead at the weight. It might not be Wards fault, but I'm not going to endlessly praise him because he beat a severely weight drained, weakened, and dehydrated fighter.

It doesn't matter how strong you look. Looking string and being strong are two different things.
                    It dossent matter what you THINK, only Chad knows if the weight effected him, and so far he has noot mentioned it.
                    If he had feelt drained and weak in there dont you think he would have said something instead of saluting Ward for his speed and skills ?

He is the only one that knows the truth and untop of that he did in no way or form look drained at the weigh in or in the fight, he looked fit

You do realise that Ward faught at light heavy in the ameteurs, and won the Ol gold medal at that weight ?

Il bet you my intire account that Ward kicks chads ass again if the fight at light heavy, because ward would also be packing bigger guns
                    Last edited by 110110110; 09-09-2012, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Daaaaaaaaamn, just put them all on blast!!
                      What's that showing or proving? A lot of people just pick out of bias. I made a 20M bet on Dawson but if you got back to my PMs you can see I told the dude Dawson was not gonna win cause of his weight...

Comment

Working...
                      X