No announcement yet.

What should Mayweather do?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should Mayweather do?????

If it's true about Top Rank and TMT talking about an April 2013 date for Mayweather-Pacquiao, what should Floyd do???

Sit on the shelf until April or take a fight in Nov/Dec first???

If you think he should take a "tune-up like" fight, who???

i feel that everything at 147-154 is a tune-up fight for him. nothing i'm too interested in seeing. i would rather see him fight martinez/jcc jr winner or sturm. i've never been interested in the pacquiao fight and couldnt care less if that never happened

Comment

If they have already signed a contract for a future fight, he should go back down to 147. Fight Guerrero, a guy who "earned" his shot and is still fresh in fan's minds.

But, Floyd ain't the type to take tune-ups. He's gonna fight guys who either bring $$$ or name value. The guys that fit the requirements are Martinez/Canelo/Pac/Alexander (if the fight is in STL). Hell, if Josesito beats Canelo, maybe he'll be in the running to fight Floyd, never know.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 08-13-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        If they already have signed a contract for a future fight, should he go back down to 147. Fight Guerrero, a guy who "earned" his shot and is still fresh in fan's minds.

But, Floyd ain't the type to take tune-ups. He's gonna fight guys who either bring $$$ or name value. The guys that fit the requirements are Martinez/Canelo/Pac/Alexander (if the fight is in STL). Hell, if Josesito beats Canelo, maybe he'll be in the running to fight Floyd, never know.
        If Lopez beats Alvarez and Ortiz, he will have earned it even more than Ortiz did by beating Berto, hands down. Still, Alvarez is going to crush Lopez on size alone.

If Pac-JMM IV is made for November, than I really wouldn't mind seeing Floyd fight Bradley in Nov/Dec as a "tune-up" like fight. It'd be another win over a Top prime fighter around his weight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          If they already have signed a contract for a future fight, should he go back down to 147. Fight Guerrero, a guy who "earned" his shot and is still fresh in fan's minds.

I agree, the Ghost is his mandatory, he's a southpaw with decent attributes that 1 could argue resembles Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            If Lopez beats Alvarez and Ortiz, he will have earned it even more than Ortiz did by beating Berto, hands down. Still, Alvarez is going to crush Lopez on size alone.

If Pac-JMM IV is made for November, than I really wouldn't mind seeing Floyd fight Bradley in Nov/Dec as a "tune-up" like fight. It'd be another win over a Top prime fighter around his weight.
            We know why Bradley won't happen, and it doesn't even need to be said aloud lol

Comment

Mayweather does well after long layoffs, he and his team will know if they need a Tuneup or Not so it depends on how HE FEELS and what HE WANTS TO DO!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Mayweather does well after long layoffs, he and his team will know if they need a Tuneup or Not so it depends on how HE FEELS and what HE WANTS TO DO!
                A tune-up for Floyd would be a legit opponent for most fighers lol. Maidana thought Thurman was too tough to be a tune-up and settled for Soto-Karass. Thurman would be more like a sparring partner, and Maidana would be the tune-up lol
                Last edited by kiaba360; 08-13-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

A fight in December against Berto/Alexander/Guerrero etc etc....

Then KO Pacman in April/May....

Comment

Berto/Guerrero in November would be easy to make (if Berto can get a license). He wins both relatively easy too. Then on to the big one.

Comment

Working...
                    X