Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did froch show a blue pint on how to beat ward???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    The Froch fight gave no clue whatsoever towards beating Ward. In fact it only showed that Froch was slower than usual, underprepared for insidefighting with little sense of counterpunching.

A blueprint on how to beat Ward is pure guesswork as it is today, but IMO should involve crisp counters, well-timed uppercuts and quickness but who knows? Ward is on his way to greatness and it'll take something exceptional to beat him.
    Uppercuts on the inside for sure. Ward leads with his head on the inside. Make a little space and throw an uppercut, should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
      Uppercuts on the inside for sure. Ward leads with his head on the inside. Make a little space and throw an uppercut, should work.
      Yeah that's what I was thinking, but both Kessler and Froch have fine uppercuts and heither managed to throw it let alone land it. It is puzzling. Maybe Bute can do it. He has a sneaky and punishing one.

Maybe a sustained bodyattack could help as well. Froch's best punch IMO was a right to Wards side.

Comment

If that was a blueprint then I don't want any of my fav fighters to use it.

Comment

if you're going into a fight expecting to get hit you already lost.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Yeah that's what I was thinking, but both Kessler and Froch have fine uppercuts and heither managed to throw it let alone land it. It is puzzling. Maybe Bute can do it. He has a sneaky and punishing one.

Maybe a sustained bodyattack could help as well. Froch's best punch IMO was a right to Wards side.
            Yeah, I think they didn't throw it because Ward was closing the distance and crowding them very quickly so they didn't have time to throw it. I'd like to see how Bute deals with it.

Comment

It would be flat out merciful to even give Froch 2 rounds in that fight. I didn't think he won a single round.

Comment

yeah get dominated and raped in the ring shows other peeps on how to beat him

Comment

The scorecards were WAY too close. I only gave Froch the 5th and the 9th, and the 5th was close. Ward clearly won 8 rounds, and Froch clearly won 1 round. 3 were close, but Ward still out landed Froch those rounds.

The only time it seemd Froch was able to land on Ward was when Andre came on the inside and they would exchange a bit. The whole fight it was Ward walking him down and hitting him with a jab, hook, or an occasional straight right, and at times Froch would come forward and get countered with a jab or hook from Ward, all night long. Froch was considered to be Ward's toughest test to date, and he beat him 118-110, no way it was 115-113, I don't know what the judges were watching.

Even when some may get Andre in trouble, he will clinch, and whether or not anyone likes it, clinching at the right time is an effective way to stop your opponent from getting anything started.

There was one point in the fight where Froch was on the ropes and Ward was moving around in front of him and Froch just continued to lay there for like 3-4 seconds, it was weird.

For a guy that supposedly can't punch, he stunned Froch A LOT in that fight, and out classed him badly. Froch didn't have an off night, he was beaten by the superior fighter, and his British mouth got shut up.

Comment

I'm getting tired of people saying stupid stuff like a guy can't punch and just walk through his punches....if he can't punch you'd think at least 1 of the 25 people he's fought and beaten would have done so by now....Truth is, those punches hurt. He may not have 1 punch knockout power but he's not a powderpuff puncher like most you seem to think. Guys that simply cannot punch do not win tournaments against the best in a weigh class...

Comment

Working...
                    X