No announcement yet.

taping up your shoulder in am boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taping up your shoulder in am boxing?

For amateur boxing, do they allow you to tape up your shoulders in competition ?

I usually use kt tape or duct tape.
    Last edited by ippo; 04-03-2011, 01:41 PM.

Originally posted by ippo View Post
    For amateur boxing, do they allow you to tape up your shoulders in competition ?

I usually use kt tape or duct tape.
    sorry, no dice..............Rockin'

Comment

Never seen tape on shoulder flesh but most T shirts are Taped up...The T shirt is modified to allow unrestricted movement by being modified at various points.. But if your shoulder needs bolstering your not going to be competitive at all in boxing..Shoulders in boxing are like Knees in most sports..

Comment

Originally posted by Crushedknee View Post
        Never seen tape on shoulder flesh but most T shirts are Taped up...The T shirt is modified to allow unrestricted movement by being modified at various points.. But if your shoulder needs bolstering your not going to be competitive at all in boxing..Shoulders in boxing are like Knees in most sports..
        Ive been dealing with my shoulders like this for a long time now,and ive sparred with other amateur boxers before and did just fine.And have lots of experience in Muay thai.And even did an amateur boxing match before and won by decision.I don't expect to become champion of the world or anything, just want to compete.I can go without the tape if i have to for a match,but having the tape helps out a bit.

Comment

Just bring it up with the event officials or opponents corner..I don't think their are any hard and fast rules in regards to tape support for non punching surface's/Non target area's..But I know little of Amateur competitions..

Comment

I know a kid who wears a shoulder support in competition and there has been no problem with it. I dont know about tape though.

Comment

ok thats good i'll just ask them.

Comment

Working...
              X