Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ggg deserve top 20 spot at 160 on all time scale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
    can anybody here really make a top 20 MW list all time? without google... this division goes back 100 years.
    I cant without researching it to be honest. Somebody wants to be bothered throwing a list together Id be willing to peruse it and reply.

Comment

He might. He's in the record books at 160.

Comment

lit she is top 10 bum beaters

Comment

I just really don't think Golovkin is that special of a fighter.

He has good all around fundamentals, has an exceptional jab that he sets up everything behind, that's his bread and better and a strong right, and that's it. There's nothing special or dynamic about him. He's just a sound, above average fighter with a great jab and some power.

Also, who has he beat? Nobody. He couldn't even beat a JR. Middleweight, and lost to him twice. I had Canelo winning both fights.
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-24-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            He beat that Welterweight at 160 instead of 157 since it would be too great of a sacrifice to come down 3 pounds and try to equalize the 10 pounds Kell moved up...instead Kell forced to move up 13 pounds. What a win.

Oh and Danny Jacobs? KTFO by old Pirog, hurt an KD by Sergio Mora as well as Gennady GG. Scraped past Arias and Sulecki - 2 relative nobodies in the MW division.

Best accomplishment at MW for GGG? A gift draw with Canelo where he was thoroughly outboxed before being thoroughly beat up in the 2nd fight...and a stoppage against WW Kell Brook. Now that's Top 10 PFP and Top 10 ATG MW stuff.

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            I have to laugh whenever I read that a fighter forced his opponent up in weight.
            Only in GennadyCUCK Land can "fans" say every other fighter "ducked" their guy (weird possessive homoerotic stuff honestly).

Meanwhile "their" guy only fought at 160. He demanded/required WW's and JMW's fight him at 160 or there was no fight...and those guys were ducking. Canelo and Cotto were accused of ducking for years...hell both of those guys (and Brook) offered to fight @ CW of 155-157...and GennadyCUCKS say "requesting/requiring 157 is MW...so it's a DUCK to not fight at 160".

If 155-160 is MW (like GennadyCUCKS suggest) than why couldn't GennadyCUCK take on real challenges in Cotto and Canelo? Oh, I know why:

So while I envy Gennady on taking a stance against something in boxing which is bigger than himself, CW's. I cannot respect his complete hypocrisy:

- Refuses any/all CW for smaller fighters (Canelo, Cotto, Brook, etc.)
            - Requires CW for *some* (Andre Ward, cough) bigger fighters...even though he was willing to fight Froch and JCC Jr. at 168
            - Requires opponents to wear gloves of his choosing
            - Requires opponents to let Abel wrap their hands
            - Requires selection of judges...only to blame THEIR SELECTED JUDGES (hi Dave Moretti) after the fight doesn't go "their way"...even though Canelo did exactly what Abel asked of him
            - Requires opponents to not use Mexican "meat" in fights...and Canelo's meat is hhhhhhuuuuuuuugggggeeeeee

stealthradon
            Boksfan
            Gloveking
            TonyGe
            Illmatic94
            LacedUp
            Tony Trick-Pony
            !! Shawn
            Vlad_
            A.K
            Boxing Goat
            Damn Wicked
            chrisJS Redd Foxx

I've rounded up most of the usual suspects who probably have autism or a deficit of some kind - and that's okay. Just get help.

And I can take all ya'll on at once cause none of ya'll make any damn sense lmfao
            Last edited by Bjl12; 09-25-2018, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Only in GennadyCUCK Land can "fans" say every other fighter "ducked" their guy (weird possessive homoerotic stuff honestly).

Meanwhile "their" guy only fought at 160. He demanded/required WW's and JMW's fight him at 160 or there was no fight...and those guys were ducking. Canelo and Cotto were accused of ducking for years...hell both of those guys (and Brook) offered to fight @ CW of 155-157...and GennadyCUCKS say "requesting/requiring 157 is MW...so it's a DUCK to not fight at 160".

If 155-160 is MW (like GennadyCUCKS suggest) than why couldn't GennadyCUCK take on real challenges in Cotto and Canelo? Oh, I know why:

So while I envy Gennady on taking a stance against something in boxing which is bigger than himself, CW's. I cannot respect his complete hypocrisy:

- Requires CW for *some* (Andre Ward, cough) bigger fighters...even though he was willing to fight Froch and JCC Jr. at 168
              - Requires selection of judges...only to blame THEIR SELECTED JUDGES (hi Dave Moretti) after the fight doesn't go "their way"...even though Canelo did exactly what Abel asked of him
              - Requires opponents to not use Mexican "meat" in fights...and Canelo's meat is hhhhhhuuuuuuuugggggeeeeee

stealthradon
              Boksfan
              Gloveking
              TonyGe
              Illmatic94
              LacedUp
              Tony Trick-Pony
              !! Shawn
              Vlad_
              A.K
              Boxing Goat
              Damn Wicked
              chrisJS

I've rounded up most of the usual suspects who probably have autism or a deficit of some kind - and that's okay. Just get help.

And I can take all ya'll on at once cause none of ya'll make any damn sense lmfao
              Well da.mn... Lmao you straight calling out names. Good sh.it

Comment

I can't get over how terrible his resume is. How is a narrow win over the scrub that is Jacobs your best win? Terrible.

Comment

Canelo's meat is hhhhhhuuuuuuuugggggeeeeee
                  There's no way you're straight.

Comment

stealthradon
                    Boksfan
                    Gloveking
                    TonyGe
                    Illmatic94
                    LacedUp
                    Tony Trick-Pony
                    !! Shawn
                    Vlad_
                    A.K
                    Boxing Goat
                    Damn Wicked
                    chrisJS

According to both fights, GGG outlanded Canelo which gives him the win in my opinion. He didn't get the decision but what is that worth? Whitaker didn't get the decision over Chavez. Lewis didn't get the decision over Holyfield. Lots of shlt like this happens in this sport. So from where I'm standing, GGG has made numerous defenses, unified a lot of the division, beat Kell Brook, Daniel Jacobs and Canelo twice. He also scored 23 straight KOs, often against world class opposition. Given how insulting you are in your post, I'm not expecting any kind of response with any substance. Just more ranting and bullshlt. Have a nice day(you won't).

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      can anybody here really make a top 20 MW list all time? without google... this division goes back 100 years.
                      Not necessarily a who beats who but I’d go something like this off the top.

1. Greb
                      2. Monzon
                      3. Robinson
                      4. Hagler
                      5. Ketchel
                      6. Walker
                      7. Flowers
                      8. Cerdan
                      9. Burley
                      10. LaMotta
                      11. Hopkins
                      12. Dempsey
                      13. Zale
                      14. Steele
                      15. Benvenutti
                      16. Giardello
                      17. Fullmer
                      18. Golovkin
                      19. Ryan
                      20. Yarosz

Very deep division historically. Perhaps along with Welterweight he deepest. I also could see Golovkin down to 25 or so but feel low end of the top 20 is fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X