Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who looked better, Rigo against Donaire or Loma against Russell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Guillermo put on a master-class. Vasyl simply beat his opponent.
    that's your preference and judging by your username im not surprised you picked the cuban. Anyways, I'll wait for the excuses once loma beats that A$$

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Nor does the fact Donaire was a natural flyweight. If Lomachenko had beaten Donaire it would be **** on and if Rigo outclassed Russell and Walters (who is better than Donaire) they would be praised.
      The same can be said about Rigo. The man is tiny. He walks around at 124. Yet, he’s moving up to fight another world class fighter at the 130 limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tankdestroyer View Post
        that's your preference and judging by your username im not surprised you picked the cuban. Anyways, I'll wait for the excuses once loma beats that A$$
        You’re making a big assumption there. I’ve been critical of Rigo many times, and I was a big fan of Lomo long before he turned pro. We’re comparing two specific fights here. As far as I’m concerned, there’s no comparison. And I’m not alone. Far as I can tell, the guys who agree with me aren’t Cuban. Hahaha

Comment

Lmao He does seem to have it out for Cubans, or at least certain Cubans. In all fairness, Rigo is infamous for being boring, and I hate watching Lara fight. But Dan was definitely off with the Donaire fight. I thought his bias really showed then.
          He is WAY OVER line on those Cubans.I like watching Rigo fight and don't mind Lara as long as he is fightin top comp.

Comment

You’re making a big assumption there. I’ve been critical of Rigo many times, and I was a big fan of Lomo long before he turned pro. We’re comparing two specific fights here. As far as I’m concerned, there’s no comparison. And I’m not alone. Far as I can tell, the guys who agree with me aren’t Cuban. Hahaha
            100% irish

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Both impressive but probably Russell. He's a better fighter at 126 than what Donaire was at 122. Donaire wasn't quite the same fighter as he was lower down in weight when his size advantage made him dominant.

The Walters one is the most impressive between the two fighters as Walters was a better fighter than Donaire by a distance but I think Russell may be even better than Walters.
              Donaire was the more proven fighter tho. Gary Russell never passed much more than the eye test at that point...donaire had beaten top level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                100% irish
                Great country, great people. Ireland is one of the greatest vacations I ever took.

Comment

Donaire was a natural counter puncher who was forced to go on offense because the opponent won't engage. He felt obligated to do something with the impasse because they were booed mercilessly. It was like Marquez fighting TBE.
                  Russel was a completely different opponent who was willing to take risk and trade with Loma.
                  Styles make fights. They're apples and bananas.
                  Nobody looks good against a boring fighter.

Comment

Great country, great people. Ireland is one of the greatest vacations I ever took.
                    All grandparents born there went there for3 weeks when I was 25.They are great people and great country.Went from Dublin to Galway and Belfast to Cork.Best vaca 4 me too.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                      All grandparents born there went there for3 weeks when I was 25.They are great people and great country.Went from Dublin to Galway and Belfast to Cork.Best vaca 4 me too.
                      Awesome.

I did Galway, Killarney, Limerick and Dublin. Toured the Ring of Kerry, and the Cliffs of Moher. Had great fun at the pubs with the locals, and ate great food everywhere. (I understand the food quality has soared over the years.) Can’t say enough good things. I’d recommend that trip to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X