Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your opinions on gun control laws changed over recent incidents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    I did a test to see if assault rifles was the problem.

The other day I grabbed my Norinco type 56 (chinese ak-47) from storage.

Put it in my house.

Grabbed some 30 and 40 round magazines. Loaded it.

I didn't kill anyone that day.

I'm starting to think it's not the gun that causes all these shootings.
    It never was the guns-it's the people. But we can't legislate being decent human beings, or not getting angry, or not having mental illness.

We can however limit availability. For instance, there is a federal law against cop killer teflon coated bullets. why can't we just treat high capacity magazines like these bullets?

Comment

• We're near of developing a nuclear platform that would reach mainland America and be warned that I won't hesitate to use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        Maybe 50 yrs.

That 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere right now.
        I agree. I think the window might be closer.

I also don't think it needs to go anywhere. I don't want the 2nd amendment repealed. I don't want guns out of the hands of everyday, law abiding citizens.

I do however think high capacity magazines, military grade weapons and semi automatic weapons need banned or at least have the issue of gun control debated and voted on in Congress.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I also don't think it needs to go anywhere. I don't want the 2nd amendment repealed. I don't want guns out of the hands of everyday, law abiding citizens.

I do however think high capacity magazines, military grade weapons and semi automatic weapons need banned or at least have the issue of gun control debated and voted on in Congress.
          This the sensible pragmatic position of, I would say, most Americans. We don't have to repeal the 2nd amendment but we can regulate guns and enact sensible and reasonable public policy.

We don't and should not accept this as the price of freedom

Comment

• Better screening process, and stricter laws are needed. When a god damn terrorist on a terrorist watch list can buy a fcking AR 15 your gun laws are fcking ******ed.

Trump pulled back restrictions in February which restrict guns to certain people who have mental problems.

NRA wants mass shootings and gun murders, it drives sales/stocks prices up, there is no logical reason to give tards guns.

Republicans didn't give a **** when the kids at sandy hook got slaughtered, so don't for a second think they are gong to change anything now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              This the sensible pragmatic position of, I would say, most Americans. We don't have to repeal the 2nd amendment but we can regulate guns and enact sensible and reasonable public policy.
              What part of "shall not be infringed" do you guys not understand?

Comment

It never was the guns-it's the people. But we can't legislate being decent human beings, or not getting angry, or not having mental illness.

We can however limit availability. For instance, there is a federal law against cop killer teflon coated bullets. why can't we just treat high capacity magazines like these bullets?
                We do legislate humans. Most our laws is to stop and prevent humans from doing things.

We did limit availability of high capacity magazines.

Clinton banned them in the 90s. He assault weapons bill banned a lot of semi automatic weapons and no magazines over 10 rounds.

Didn't make a damn difference.

Most guns laws are like that "Teflon coated" cop killer bullet law.

All political show. No substance.

I don't even remember anyone dying from "copkillers" except in the movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

We don't and should not accept this as the price of freedom
                  Look up 1994 Clinton assault weapons bill.

Thank you.

Comment

The gun control issue has been debated on numerous occasions, in congress, over the last 3 decades. The reason it rarely comes to an actual vote is that it is a losing issue for Democrats. As much as people cry about "right wingers" and their guns, it turns out a lot of Democrats like them too. A reintatement of the assualt weapon ban was voted on just a few years ago and it was easily defeated.

Hell I would love to see an actual vote on a new constututional amendment for gun control and watch it get beaten into a pulp because, never, and I mean never are you going to get 2/3 of the states to agree with it. This does'nt even get into the issue of having to **** all over the 10th amendment in order for the Feds to pass gun control laws without a constitutional amendment.

Comment

• The hardest thing about these gun control threads.....

Ppl that don't know anything about guns or gun laws talking about it.

Most that want guns banned don't know anything about guns.

Most the gun laws ppl want ARE/WERE already law.

Comment

Working...
                      X