Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How else can we compete with manufacturing in China?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
    Bro at my work, this vendor keeps hitting me up kissing my arse he makes like keychains, and bottle openers with companies logos on them.

He calls me 24/7 I tell my receptionist to just let it go to voicemail.

He's like come on bro let us do all your clients and put their logos on keychains and bottle openers for you.

MoFO won't even give me free samples either, and all im thinking is how is this guy still in business? We can literally get all this made in China for pennies and he wants to charge us $25 just for a handful.

This guy has a warehouse in SouthBay too? Im like how's this guy even keeping the lights on?
    Credit lines..I have ex amount fo dollars in accounts receivable..the banks will lend against that. Plus you can always talk someone into an order and have them cancel but the bank already saw the invoice so extended credit lines. Folks don’t realize most people live check to check but many businesses don’t have more than enough credit to last a month or two on a downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Credit lines..I have ex amount fo dollars in accounts receivable..the banks will lend against that. Plus you can always talk someone into an order and have them cancel but the bank already saw the invoice so extended credit lines. Folks don’t realize most people live check to check but many businesses don’t have more than enough credit to last a month or two on a downturn.
      Yeah bro I was a GM of a pretty big commercial real estate company.

I oversaw all the properties many were basically like strip malls who rented and leased out business space and office space from us. You can imagine the turn over and how many didn't even make it through their intended rental and lease agreements.

Pretty much all the stores and restaurants were hit or miss and there was no actual rhyme or reason why some did well and made good money and some barely got by and some couldn't even last a few months as you pointed out.

As the GM I had to go from property to property and babysit all the operations and make sure everything was up and running as promised in our agreements.

Even the restaurants who were killing it with the lines out their door are no longer make anything close to that kind of money many already closed down and one of the top restaurant properties is only making like a few grand a month gross, when that restaurant needs to make at least 50 grand to get by smoothly.

Being a GM showed me how much each of these businesses made, and what they needed to thrive and even pay us their "glorified land lords" on time.

Even within our own company we laid off a ton of the senior management and including myself and Brought in new blood to do our jobs at a fraction of the cost it was to pay us.

Even tho I was making a good 6 fig salary and bonuses back then I knew it wasn't going to last because I had access to all the accounting going in and out.

From that GM gig I still got a severance/settlement of 100K but the only thing Im willing to invest it in is online businesses, a business that doesnt require an actual brick and mortar.

I came to realize first hand if you dont own the property your store or business is on, then that can be taken from you and it will one day.

Comment

India, Africa, Poland or somewhere like that.

Note to other forum members: I have zero F***king idea.

Comment

Just send it to Mexico instead

Comment

The question is why do you want to ?

Who wants to be snapping ipads together all day ? They have suicide nets for a reason.

Comment

Yeah bro I was a GM of a pretty big commercial real estate company.

I oversaw all the properties many were basically like strip malls who rented and leased out business space and office space from us. You can imagine the turn over and how many didn't even make it through their intended rental and lease agreements.

Pretty much all the stores and restaurants were hit or miss and there was no actual rhyme or reason why some did well and made good money and some barely got by and some couldn't even last a few months as you pointed out.

As the GM I had to go from property to property and babysit all the operations and make sure everything was up and running as promised in our agreements.

Even the restaurants who were killing it with the lines out their door are no longer make anything close to that kind of money many already closed down and one of the top restaurant properties is only making like a few grand a month gross, when that restaurant needs to make at least 50 grand to get by smoothly.

Being a GM showed me how much each of these businesses made, and what they needed to thrive and even pay us their "glorified land lords" on time.

Even within our own company we laid off a ton of the senior management and including myself and Brought in new blood to do our jobs at a fraction of the cost it was to pay us.

Even tho I was making a good 6 fig salary and bonuses back then I knew it wasn't going to last because I had access to all the accounting going in and out.

From that GM gig I still got a severance/settlement of 100K but the only thing Im willing to invest it in is online businesses, a business that doesnt require an actual brick and mortar.

I came to realize first hand if you dont own the property your store or business is on, then that can be taken from you and it will one day.
              Dude we have a ton of people on this site that don’t know the first thing about business and it’s so cringeworthy at times. I hear you on the float money. Float is why businesses by far and large can keep the doors open. Unless as an owner you are willing to bypass your salary or person grab each month you could in theory build up profit to change that but it’s a huge risk and one you’d only carry if the goal is to go public after x years and want to show cash on the books. The vast majority of businesses operate on debt. Most start ups are loss leaders with valuation based on market relevance and market share. Look how long amazon took to actually legit go into the green for a single buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                The question is why do you want to ?

Who wants to be snapping ipads together all day ? They have suicide nets for a reason.
                the top Amazon sellers are their own bosses making like 50K to 500K a month bro. If you had the chance to do those numbers and quit your job would you? I F'n would! and I plan to!

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Dude we have a ton of people on this site that don’t know the first thing about business and it’s so cringeworthy at times. I hear you on the float money. Float is why businesses by far and large can keep the doors open. Unless as an owner you are willing to bypass your salary or person grab each month you could in theory build up profit to change that but it’s a huge risk and one you’d only carry if the goal is to go public after x years and want to show cash on the books. The vast majority of businesses operate on debt. Most start ups are loss leaders with valuation based on market relevance and market share. Look how long amazon took to actually legit go into the green for a single buck.
                  Yes this is all very true. I remember hearing this big baller entrepreneur talk on a podcast and he kept saying look where my offices are they are in the top skyscrapers downtown. He was like I have to make enough business revenue just to pay rent on my offices first, then pay all of our bills overhead, employees, inventory and then we get to split the net profits after all of that.

This is again another reason why I'd only do an online business verses a brick and mortar because you are paying at least 3G's a month just for your store front or office space and thats on the low end ghetto side. Anything in a decent neighborhood in a decent building is easily 6G's to 15G's easily!

But yeah not sure about this site but in general like when I'm at the gym I hear idiots all the time talking about how they'd open a bar or a club and just instantly live the good life. Like do you seriously know the statistics on how many bars and clubs even make it? Especially here in LA of all places.

I hear loud mouth idiots saying they'd open a Brazilian BBQ or Korean BBQ cuz they see the lines out the door of Texas De Brazil and I just wanna slap these idiots!

Hey bro what kind of business did you do again? Sorry if you already explained this.

Comment

the top Amazon sellers are their own bosses making like 50K to 500K a month bro. If you had the chance to do those numbers and quit your job would you? I F'n would! and I plan to!
                    Why isnt everyone. Thats the question i keep asking. I got two business and its burning me out. Id love to do the Amazon thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      Why isnt everyone. Thats the question i keep asking. I got two business and its burning me out. Id love to do the Amazon thing.
                      Yeah bro me and my lady going all in. Well she's doing it mostly and when my jobs starts lightening up im going in hard as well.

We already signed up for the courses and my chick sold a few grand of just fashion and fitness products, but we both looking to take things to the next level with our private labels and everything else etc.

I was hoping to go in hard from January but my works got me on 3 big projects and they were gonna send me out to Japan for the Olympics but all of that shat got canceled due to the CoronaVirus drama.

But either way we are gonna go hard from March on for sure!

Comment

Working...
                      X