Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Sergio Martinez: what's your prediction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
    Martinez wins via TKO(corner stoppage).It will basically be the matador against the bull. Chavez will apply pressure , cut off the ring , trying to get on the inside to land head/body shots and trap martinez against the ropes. He wont be able to do that because Martinez is just too fast for him, will keep him at bay with his jab ,constantly moving and countering effectively.Im telling you right now , Martinez will land clean shots on Chavez's face at will all night long.In the 10th round ,Roach will throw in the towel.
    THIS^^^

If Roach wasn't in Jr.'s corner, it'd be different. JCCJr. would probably make it to the final bell utterly battered or at some point the ref steps in.

It's not a question of whether JCCJr wins or not, he's coming out of there battered regardless who wins. Julio has no defense.

Comment

• both guys will try to take a dive so they won't have to fight golovkin.

Comment

• Old dude gonna put dat kid out of commission.

Comment

• If Jr. steps into the ring in top shape, doesn“t weaken too much from the weight cut and doesn“t make stupid things in the ring I give him a very good chance of beating Martķnez, probably by stoppage. Martķnez might be fighting for his life by round 6. Jr. is gonna be too young, too strong, too big, too hungry (for recognition), too powerful and too improved for Maravilla

Comment

• Chavez Jr by way of KO 10-11 rd

Comment

• Kid ain't winning no way. He gets shut down by punches or on da cods, tons of people putting up lucci against him. Know dis cat in Englewood puttin up 10 G's on Martinez to take dis.

Comment

• I hope the winner of Martinez-Chavez fights Golovkin or Geale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Dough View Post
                  Kid ain't winning no way. He gets shut down by punches or on da cods, tons of people putting up lucci against him. Know dis cat in Englewood puttin up 10 G's on Martinez to take dis.
                  I like this character.

Anyway, I see a late TKO in favor of Martinez. I just see Chavez trying to apply pressure and finally break through to Martinez but coming up short in every round, and in the meantime Sergio will be effectively counterpunching and slicing the kid's face up.

I don't see this as a good matchup for Jr, period. He's too slow, and he doesn't have the skills. He's also primarily a body puncher, and finding the body against Martinez is quite the task. However, I do give Jr a chance if he's somehow able to lure Martinez into his fight. But I think Sexy Sergio is too smart for that.

Also, I think it's possible the kid's chin will get a reality check on the 15th. We think it's granite now, but Sergio's hands might prove to be a step above what it's been tested against thus far.
                  Last edited by samouraļ; 09-04-2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Before seeing the first 24/7n i was thinking Sergio was too much fior Junior but Chavez may have a chance since he so freaking heavy. Now to me it looks like Chavez is out of shape, has no discipline for the biggest fight of his career and underestimating Sergio big time while being far too confident in his ability to take a punch. It appears even Roach is quietly unenthusiastic and has not had his typical outbursts and predictions regarding a victory for his fighter.

Sergio is going to punish this kid and I think we will see Chavez either stopped or retired on the stool.

Comment

Working...
                    X