Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I honestly think Abraham was on his way to knocking Direll out cold.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly think Abraham was on his way to knocking Direll out cold.

He started fighting with urgency from the 8th round on, and was taggin Direll a lot, and had him hurt a few times along the way. I think Abraham would have ended it in either the 11th or 12th if the DQ would not have happened.

85% Dirrell UD

15% AA KO

Comment

I really don't think so at all.

Dirrell was moving effectively, he started getting hit more towards the end no doubt, but at no point did I think he was in any sort of trouble looking ahead.

Plus it's Dirrell, he literally would have looked like Usain Bolt to protect that lead if he really felt like he was in trouble.

Comment

It's too bad Abraham took away the chance to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
          85% Dirrell UD

15% AA KO
          No, more like 50-50. Direll looked tired as **** and won down, and was getting tagged from the 9th on.

Comment

he had a pretty good chance; AA was going nuts in his corner after the 10th round:

" the referee didn't count the referee didn't count "

feel kind of sad for him & on the other hand he shouldn't have punched when Dirrell was down;

BTW **** the ref i hope some Armenian beats the crap out of him one day.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              He started fighting with urgency from the 8th round on, and was taggin Direll a lot, and had him hurt a few times along the way. I think Abraham would have ended it in either the 11th or 12th if the DQ would not have happened.
              It could have happened Bully, AA hurt him in the 10th that was a legit KD that was not called.

AA's fights are so suspenseful because at any second you know he can end it even if he was getting taken to school, the threat is always there.

Still, rationality tell me that Dirrell was just going to get on his bicycle and cruise to a UD but we will never know really unless they rematch after the tourney or later in it.

Comment

i want to see a rematch. usually i don't want to see a rematch when one fighter is clearly ahead on points but we're talking about AA here. 15%? more like 40% to me.

Comment

I think it was nearer 50/50 but Dirrell had noticeably slowed down and was getting caught flush. He would have done well to make it to the end of the fight, and was in survival mode, but the KO was not exactly a foregone conclusion as Andre was still mobile and it is hard to know how much Abraham had in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    No, more like 50-50. Direll looked tired as **** and won down, and was getting tagged from the 9th on.
                    Perhaps that is correct bro, but Dirrell also hasn't been knocked out, only dropped. If he had a weak chin then I would agree, but I also feel that he would still have enough to survive.

He would have run, held, slipped like in the Froch fight to survive

Comment

Working...
                    X