No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Virgil Hunter: Mayweather's Performance is Real Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
    hopefully this analogy wont go over your heads but..
    people dont wanna see heat vs bobcats all the time
    sometimes the heat face the knicks too
    just cause the knicks are better on paper than the bobcats, doesnt mean they will do THAT much better than the bobcats against the heat. maybe score more points and maybe make the heat play harder, but we know who comes out in the end, the team with the better players and the team with the better coaching. so where exactly are you trying to go with this analogy, cause i dont follow.

the better analogy on NSB would be... the heat beat everyone in the NBA, time for them to go play other countries' best teams...and so on and so forth, if that doesnt fly over your head...

Comment

I appreciate boxer's like Floyd and Pernell Whitaker. They do display boxing at its purist form.They just lack killer instinct like some of the greats before them. Robinson, Leonard, Hearns, Ali, and Holmes were all pure boxers, but the difference is, they would look to KO their opponents when the opportunity came. In other words, if they had Guerrero in that same position where he is overmatched, they would have tried to close the show with a KO. When guys like Ali, Leonard, and Jones Jr were dominating a fight, if they couldn't get the KO they would showboat to keep it interesting. Terry Norris was a pure boxer with a viscious killer instinct. That instinct got him in trouble sometime, but he used his skills with bad intentions.

That is one reason why I will say that Floyd is an all time great, but still not on the level with the Leonards and Robinsons. He is the best of this era, but can you imagine Terry Norris fighting in this era? He would have went undefeated as well. Floyd and Manny both would have stayed far away from 147 and 154 back in those days. I love the sweet science. I love the art to hit and not get hit. But while doing the hitting, I want to see them setting up the KO!

Comment

hopefully this analogy wont go over your heads but..
        people dont wanna see heat vs bobcats all the time
        sometimes the heat face the knicks too
        well i'm from the UK so I don't care much for basketball. But i get it, my question is if floyd fights and beats canelo will you give him any credit for it or will it become oh well canelo was too green

Comment

Hunter is giving his opinion and he has a right to feel like that. He shouldn't though say fans are uneducated or dumb for having their opinion.

Comment

yes, but when will he square off with a real boxer?
            You do realize that when last seen, one of your "real boxers" was put into a coma by a guy that Floyd set a personal Compubox record for connects against and held to a Compubox career worst in lands.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
              Hunter is giving his opinion and he has a right to feel like that. He shouldn't though say fans are uneducated or dumb for having their opinion.
              maybe fans should give their opinion on boxing and not the hate. expecially the racist hate.mayweather is just better than everybody else. period.

Comment

I got about two decades of following this game closely under my belt and the terms uneducated and dumb are pretty mild when referring to half the nonsense put on message boards like this one. Especially when discussing Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Don't really agree with this. A big part of the reason that fans appreciate aggressive, risk-taking fighters is because we understand that it's not easy and that it's the sort of thing that not every boxer is willing to do.

It also gets tiresome how often people act as if the only alternative to Floyd's style is a toe-to-toe war. Saying that we'd like to see a guy try to be more aggressive or close the show when an opponent is hurt is not the same as saying we expect him to lead with his face from the opening bell until the last or that he should only throw haymakers.

I also think a lot of people would prefer for their sons to not fight with an overly-defensive style. Not knocking Floyd because it's his career and life on the line, but a lot of dads do want their sons to fight aggressively.
                  lets be realistic tho the reason fighters are brawlers is because they arent willing/cant be a pure boxer so why not have the same respect for both. i can understand liking brawlers the most but you shouldn take pure boxers for granted either

Comment

Originally posted by jabnhold View Post
                    well i'm from the UK so I don't care much for basketball. But i get it, my question is if floyd fights and beats canelo will you give him any credit for it or will it become oh well canelo was too green
                    they will say that alvarez was green.but its ok. mayweather does'nt care about the jealous haters.

Comment

i dont think its that fans are dumb i just think they say dumb things when it comes to mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X