Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is nothing 'great' about canelo or his performance last night.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moochi View Post
    i think the bias mexican fans think that even if he did win, that he won absolutely clearly.

the reality is that he barely did much in a pretty average fight. he didn't do anything "great" as they say and the reality is that it easily could have been scored the other way had it not been held in Canelo's backyard.
    It could have been scored the other way??
    You think Jacobs won 7 or 8 rounds in that fight?

And you’re talking about Canelo fan bias?

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      Sorry to ruin 'la fiesta' but i just dont see it. He didnt do enough to win the fight, same as GGG fights. Since when do you win rounds based on having good head movement alone? Jacobs was catching his punches on the gloves but doesnt seem to get any credit for that? Whereas all i read is 'canelo made him miss doe', i cant think of that much eye catching stuff he actually landed clean?. Jacobs fought a good fight, seems as if it was a close round and noone landed anything then canelo won it by default and 'jacobs isnt doing enough' Marquez and spence had it right but a draw would have been fair too like the boxingscene card and froch had it.Canelo did not win the fight!!!
      This is the only Canelo fight I can remember where the cards were actually accurate. I almost had a bet where they would be 118-110.

It wasn’t a great performance but Jacobs is a good, rangy boxer. If he’d of put more pressure on in certain rounds, yea he’d of won. But he didn’t win this fight.

Comment

Sorry to ruin 'la fiesta' but i just dont see it. He didnt do enough to win the fight, same as GGG fights. Since when do you win rounds based on having good head movement alone? Jacobs was catching his punches on the gloves but doesnt seem to get any credit for that? Whereas all i read is 'canelo made him miss doe', i cant think of that much eye catching stuff he actually landed clean?. Jacobs fought a good fight, seems as if it was a close round and noone landed anything then canelo won it by default and 'jacobs isnt doing enough' Marquez and spence had it right but a draw would have been fair too like the boxingscene card and froch had it.Canelo did not win the fight!!!
        I agree that he did nothing special. It wasn’t a win that would jump you out of your seat or would guarantee his spot as p4p king. Nelo really has no second gear in fact he weakens — more often than not — in the second half of the fight. He doesn’t have the gas tank to separate himself in the championship rounds like most legends do.

As for Jacobs, he did okay, if doing okay was his goal, if it was hanging on and not get totally outclassed then he achieved that. I don’t understand underdogs who talked a lot only to not have any sense of urgency while they’re in the ring and just fkn contented to fight slow.

Nelo won, but it wasn’t special at all. It wasn’t outclassing or total domination. It was just meh winning.

Of course it doesn’t mean any way he’s easy to beat either. Dude is tough as nails, the win just isn’t special

Comment

I had Canelo winning by a couple of rounds in the end but, what a disappointing fight it was. Jacob's never seemed to work hard enough and Canelo looked tired after 7 rounds, with his classier work ensuring the win. Poor.

Comment

Lmao, OP is a ****ing idiot.

Canelo outclassed a very game jacobs. There is levels to the boxing game

Comment

You're a lost cause

Comment

Nah you're tripping

Jacobs lost clearly in a relatively close fight. No controversy this time. Good cards

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  Your CLEARLY too stupid to read the part where I said IN 8 RDS

your heads so far up gggs ass your getting pressure sickness from talking into gennadiys brown eye
                  Missed the 8 rounds part. Wasn’t fully awake.

Comment

Not the biggest Canelo fan but he won pretty clear. His defense was great as usual but there was nothing spectacular about his performance. Definitely landed the better shots and overall better work. Jab was good at times too. Idk if it was because of Jacobs but something wasn't quite there with Canelo. He's still fast but he seemed slower? maybe, idk if I'm choosing the right word. Even Duran said he appeared slower. Good performance though and a disappointing one from Danny.

Comment

Jacobs sure as hell didn't do enough to win the fight. What was that? Was he scared to throw and only let his hands go when Canelo started to slow and tire?

Canelo did not look great. No argument here. But I still give him credit for walking down the CLEARLY bigger man (let's not argue there either), landing the cleaner shots and doing just enough to edge some of those close rounds. Canelo looked slower than usual, tired much faster than he had in the Golovkin fight as well. I know he did minimal road work for this fight and that might have something to do with it??? Idk, Jacobs certainly kept him on edge and never let him just tee off either.

It's not always as easy as it looks. You have to be careful with a guy like Jacobs even if all he's showing you is defense; he's sustaining his own energy while Canelo is expending his. I think the problem is, fans look at these fights too cut and dry, when ever factor actually matters. Canelo did well against that frustrating look; very defensive fighter with a longer reach, taller and has a weight advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X