Clear All

I'm still laughing at this thread.

I stopped counting at 138.

Really.

Go boxrec JCC's first opponents.

Isn't this what this is all about?

I'm still counting.

Comment

Prime Ray knocks Chavez's head off... I mean, the guy stopped much bigger guys with relatively tougher chins (at the very least considering the size)

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
        Prime Ray knocks Chavez's head off... I mean, the guy stopped much bigger guys with relatively tougher chins (at the very least considering the size)
        It says a lot about how great Robinson was that you can be one of the best to ever lace gloves (and Chavez was) and still not really be in his area code.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          It says a lot about how great Robinson was that you can be one of the best to ever lace gloves (and Chavez was) and still not really be in his area code.
          You're diplomatic about it, as always.

JCC is a great fighter.

GOAT?

Nope.

Comment

Robinson did not lose till his 40th fight, yet cam back won his rematch against Jake Lomata and did not lose again till his 128th fight! But also had two draws. In my view Robinson was a greater boxer, though Chavez is close.

Comment

Originally posted by Sangre Azteca View Post
              If Chavez would have been born American, white or black he would have been considered the GOAT long time ago.
              Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
              And, this is a sublime observation.
              Not really. Roberto Duran is almost universally considered the greatest Latino boxer of all time. But even if his name were inserted in the first comment, the statement still doesn’t hold water. Robinson, Ali and Armstrong (at the least) were all objectively greater.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Not really. Roberto Duran is almost universally considered the greatest Latino boxer of all time. But even if his name were inserted in the first comment, the statement still doesn’t hold water. Robinson, Ali and Armstrong (at the least) were all objectively greater.
                I don't know if I'd agree on Ali. Greater as a figure but I think a STRONG case can be made Duran was a better fighter. I rate Duran higher all-time of the two.

Comment

Top 25 ATG for sure but not the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I like this post even tho I disagree with it. Duran was awesome. But the "Robinson, Ali, and Armstrong were all objectively greater" statement is a debatable opinion.

What I see is 88-0. Thats Julio Cesar Chavez.

Comment

Robinson Total Fights 200 with 178 wins. 108 by Knock Out! 6 Draws, 2 No contest.
                      Chavez 116 Fights, With 108 wins. With 87 Knock Outs. 2 Draws.

Comment

Working...
                      X