Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Fury is Not All-Time Great, Wilder's Record is Lacking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJJ has always been a hater. Hated on Floyd, BHop, etc.

Floyd is Top 10 EVER and Roy isnt.

Roy was a PED and BALCO user who jumped up/down weight classes while retaining speed, retaining or improving power, with unaffected stamina...the dude was very clearly juicing and he popped for a test once. Nonetheless Roy is DEFINITELY Top 100 ATG, but that's a far cry from Top 10 like Floyd...and hes further down the list than BHop

Fury is not ATG HW, but hes fun :-]

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      When he was old as hell. Prime Roy Jones was untouchable, please, even by Bernard Hopkins and James Toney

People were calling Klitschko over the hill when he went life and death with fxcking Bryant Jennings.

And Max Kellerman & lots of people picked Fury to beat Wilder because he beat him the first time.

Oh please, and Tyson Fury was so throughly outboxed by John McDermott, that the three judges who gave him the decision were fired from their jobs.

Plus, he was knocked down by Steve Cunningham who was a career Cruiserweight at 6 inches shorter.

That's completely false.

Show me one time where Roy Jones called somebody an All-Time Great who didn't deserve it?

Tyson fought the entirety of Ring's Top 10 heavyweights (outside of Witherspoon) from the year he became champ. You know not of what you speak, child

Dude, Michael Spinks is in the International Boxing Hall of Fame & ended Larry Holmes who's a top 5 ATG heavyweight's 7 year reign.

He then went onto murder a Larry Holmes that had never been knocked out before or after and beat Ray Mercer 4 years after Tyson destroyed him.

Wlad was 39 years old and had just gone life & death with Bryant Jennings before he fought Fury. He was far from his prime. Stop it.

Michaelczewski wouldn't fight Roy here in America either.

Roy got robbed in Korea and didn't trust foreign judges. Michaelczewski said the same thing. With that logic, they ducked each other.

And the rest of that stuff happened wayyyy after Roy was past his prime in the 2000s.

Hopkins was still fighting at 160 until 2005. How the hell did prime Roy duck him? Roy had been all the up to 200 by that point.

And he beat Tarver the first time they fought and fought him 3 times past his prime. So how did he duck him?

I swear you dudes will say anything to fit your agenda
      You do realize that the first Tarver-Jones was an MD and a lot of people felt Tarver won. Jones and Hokpins were on the same card way before Jones moved up to Heavyweight with the idea of Hopkins moving up to fight him. Jones kept demanding 60/40 and ended up fighting easier fights for way less than he would have made. Jones beat bums at 175. The only real threat in that division was Tarver and when Jones fought him he arguably lost all 3 fights and clearly lost 2. Tarver is older than Jones by the way.

Comment

• C'mon Roy, I don't know whether Fury is an all-time great but I know he's far better than the Klitschko's, although Vitali was excellent. Not to be racial, but it can be argued that Fury is the best white heavyweight since Rocky Marciano, and surely better than Gerry Cooney, or I may be exaggerating. I just see that Fury can box so well from the outside and can go forward and dominate as well, so he has many tools.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
          The guy with the most belts didn't beat anybody to get them. Those are the belts fury left behind when he retired.

Beating Charles Martin and Joseph Parker isn't impressive. And whyte and Ortiz have never even won a title.

Fury beat Wlad in his backyard when Wlad was on a decade long win streak, not after a loss and a year layoff.

Fury just beat the longest current reigning heavyweight champion in his backyard

Fury is the king of the heavyweights til further notice. Point blank period.

Resume>Belts

For example, Rosario has the most straps at 154, but he isn't considered the best at 154.
          Excellent post.

Except...it's period point blank. Doe.

Comment

• Fury is an ATG, he was underestimated and underdog 3 times and he won all 3 of them. So lesson learnt is don't downplay fury. Compensate him in fact. Because if you say he isn't nobody will believe you anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
              Lennox vs Vitali took so much out of Lewis that he hung up the gloves after that
              imagine "losing" a fight and ruining the other guys career lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
                Do you think deontayduckus should exercise his right for a trilogy as his next fight?
                not really except I would like to see him carried out of the ring instead of being saved by his corner. you would think after total domination in 2 fights by Fury it would not sell. but I bet a lot of shlubs and black supremacists would buy it

Comment

• Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                  not really except I would like to see him carried out of the ring instead of being saved by his corner. you would think after total domination in 2 fights by Fury it would not sell. but I bet a lot of shlubs and black supremacists would buy it
                  This fight (Tyson vs beyonce)was and is good for Boxing......ironic that a man named after Mike Tyson dismantled deontayduckus wilderquackus......

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                    You do realize that the first Tarver-Jones was an MD and a lot of people felt Tarver won. Jones and Hokpins were on the same card way before Jones moved up to Heavyweight with the idea of Hopkins moving up to fight him. Jones kept demanding 60/40 and ended up fighting easier fights for way less than he would have made. Jones beat bums at 175. The only real threat in that division was Tarver and when Jones fought him he arguably lost all 3 fights and clearly lost 2. Tarver is older than Jones by the way.
                    Oh, I know the first Jones/Tarver fight was controversial, but they did fight, which means Roy wasn't ducking him. Plus, that's old Roy Jones. Like, who seriously looks at beating Roy Jones in 2003 after he came down from heavyweight as some big accomplishment. Everybody knows that going up to 200 ruined his body.

And why wouldn't Jones want 60/40 over Hopkins? Jones beat Hopkins when they were both at 160. Embarassed him matter of fact. By the time B-Hop was lording over 160 from the mid '90s up to the mid 2000s, Jones had already conquered 160, 168, and 175. Why would Roy be ducking a guy he easily beat?

And no, he wasn't beating bums. He was beating people like Virgil Hill, who was the champion at 175 for a decade and is in the International Boxing Hall of Fame. Roy folded him with a body shot in 4.

He beat Montell Griffith, who was undefeated, and who got a bogus DQ against him in the first fight and wiped him out in the 2nd fight.

He beat Mike McCallum who's a hall of famer.

The fact is none of the people you talking about would've had a chance with prime Roy from 1992-2000. They all rushed to pick at the carcass of the past his prime Roy who wasn't the same after he moved up to 200, just like you see all these guys coming out of the woodwork to face GGG once he slowed down at 35 years old. They aint slick.

Comment

Working...
                    X