No announcement yet.

Great Win but Loma Not Better than Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    If Loma fights Mikey, that's a bigger risk than Floyd took in his entire career.
    What does that have to do with this conversation about skill? And what is that even based on?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Ok cool. Don't you 'dare to be great' he does it. Wins.

Evaluation is needed.
      I thought he'd destroy Linares. In actually a Loma fan. I didn't expect he'd get beat up like that. He's a great fighter. His ceiling is just a little lower than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        And.........

This is why I don't hang out in the NSB subforum anymore.

Jesus Christ.
        Jesus Christ 0-1 vs Rome

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
          Jesus Christ 0-1 vs Rome
          I'm a Floyd fan but damn, let the man enjoy his retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Lomachenko is open for that lead right hand and I expressed this way before Linares landed his. Nothing else needs mentioning
            of course he is. all southpaws are u dunce.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              I'm a Floyd fan but damn, let the man enjoy his retirement.
              I agree there was really no need for this thread. But I kinda saw Loma as his true heir apparent. So it dies kinda make for interesting convo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                This answers my question who would win at 130. Floyd is just superior in every way.
                Would have been a great fight to have seen.

Floyd had Castillo at 135 who gave Floyd hell and won the first fight imo. Loma had Linares who gave Loma hell and Loma KO'd him.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                  That was a great performance but Loma can be wreckless in his attack. He got hit with a lot of great shots from Linares, punches he took simply from being squared up, overly aggressive, and a bit careless. Most notably he got put on his butt with a straight right hand, something we never saw happen to Floyd.

I think Loma is beatable, namely because he leaves himself wide open for counters much too often, I think a real sharpshooter has a chance of timing and stopping Loma. I'm thinking a guy like Crawford or Mikey Garcia

But regardless great fight and Loma is certainly p4p right now!
                  Thats because Loma has much more faith in his ability than Floyd. Floyd fooled around much longer with the pros and when finally moved up like Loma's weight, Castillo apparently scared the risk taking right out of him out of him because he failed to take on scary fighters on par to Russel Jr., Rigondeaux, Walters., etc

Comment

Loma won 2 gold medals on two weight classes, Floyd won bronze.

Floyd never made 4 consecutive opponents quit.

Floyd never faced an elite opponent in their prime.

Floyd never put himself at a disadvantage.

Go look up Floyd's 12th opponent while we wait.

Comment

floyd fought nothing but slow and old fighters. just stop. he was not the real deal. judah was blazing him up until his usual collapse.

Comment

Working...
                      X