No announcement yet.

Got my bill from the E.R

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Got my bill from the E.R

I went in around 2 weeks ago, I was having a gallbladder attack or some really bad heartburn, whatever it was gave me a really bad pain in the center of my abdomen, I had a fever, couldn't even open my jaw for some reason either, couldn't stand up straight etc.

I still don't even know what happened because all they did was push on my stomach, get a urine/blood test, and the Dr. Talked to me for literally a minute, they also gave me some lidocaine/maalox drink to help my stomach.

I also drove there, no ambulance. They originally wanted to use a sonogram to see what was wrong with me but since I have no insurance I was like **** that, I also felt better throughout the 4 hours I was waiting there, I don't wanna pay $1000+ for a sonogram, so they released me, didn't even diagnose me with anything.

Got my bill today for $2900 LMAO, they took mercy on me and dropped it down to just $1000 haha. $1000 to sit on a cheap ass bed and talk to a Dr for 1 minute that doesn't even diagnose me with anything, wtf? Again the only tests I had done were a blood and urine test, they also gave me some of that maalox and lidocaine.

I had to get stitches before, they stitched me up, gave me a shot of lidocaine, prescribed me prednisone as well, all this came to $300 which I expected but $1000 for this? Ridiculous.

So you had gas and decided to go with the ER with no insurance and now you're surprised you have a $1000 bill?

Comment

The biggest reason for the huge bills is because alot of people dont pay their bills, and they have to make up the difference. Medical equipment, supplies, manpower hours, building, electricity etc is not free.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        I went in around 2 weeks ago, I was having a gallbladder attack or some really bad heartburn, whatever it was gave me a really bad pain in the center of my abdomen, I had a fever, couldn't even open my jaw for some reason either, couldn't stand up straight etc.

I still don't even know what happened because all they did was push on my stomach, get a urine/blood test, and the Dr. Talked to me for literally a minute, they also gave me some lidocaine/maalox drink to help my stomach.

I also drove there, no ambulance. They originally wanted to use a sonogram to see what was wrong with me but since I have no insurance I was like **** that, I also felt better throughout the 4 hours I was waiting there, I don't wanna pay $1000+ for a sonogram, so they released me, didn't even diagnose me with anything.

Got my bill today for $2900 LMAO, they took mercy on me and dropped it down to just $1000 haha. $1000 to sit on a cheap ass bed and talk to a Dr for 1 minute that doesn't even diagnose me with anything, wtf? Again the only tests I had done were a blood and urine test, they also gave me some of that maalox and lidocaine.

I had to get stitches before, they stitched me up, gave me a shot of lidocaine, prescribed me prednisone as well, all this came to $300 which I expected but $1000 for this? Ridiculous.
        You waited for 4 hours? I was under the impression that there are no wait times in US hospitals lol.

Here, you probably would of waited for a few hours, but at least you wouldn't have to pay anything.

Comment

Why don't you have any insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            So you had gas and decided to go with the ER with no insurance and now you're surprised you have a $1000 bill?
            I went with no medical insurance last time for stitches, got stitched up, got a shot of lidocaine and was prescribed medicine, it came out to $300. They did pretty much the same things this time minus the prescribed meds and it came out to 3G's prior to the $1900 discount.

I don't know how sitting on a bed waiting hours for the DR to see me costs $3000, I didn't even get diagnosed with anything lol.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
              You waited for 4 hours? I was under the impression that there are no wait times in US hospitals lol.

Here, you probably would of waited for a few hours, but at least you wouldn't have to pay anything.
              being butthurt is not an emergency

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                The biggest reason for the huge bills is because alot of people dont pay their bills, and they have to make up the difference. Medical equipment, supplies, manpower hours, building, electricity etc is not free.
                Exactly. He went in there knowing he was never really gonna pay the bill and is now complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post

every hospital has a wait time if is not consider a life or death emergency.

Comment

try applying for charity care if you honestly can't afford it.

Comment

Working...
                    X