Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Will People Say About Floyd Mayweather Jr. 25 Years Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Will People Say About Floyd Mayweather Jr. 25 Years Now?

I've had the chance to see a few top level fighters retire during my years as a fan and it's been interesting to see how reputations have grown in certain cases and diminished in others. What will people say about Floyd in 25 years?
    Last edited by A-Wolf; 09-28-2012, 10:45 PM.

Originally posted by humuklot
    It depends on who he fights before he retires. As of now he'll only be regarded to as a coward and a duck as stated by SRL, Roy Jones, any many other HOF'ers.
    Personally, it doesn't look like Floyd will fight Pacquiao or Martinez. Let's assume that never happens. It seems like we'll have to.

Comment

One of the greatest

Comment

Floyd AND Manny are both already cemented as ATG's and the two best of their era. If they don't fight each other, it's a black mark on both a little bit. But life will move on.

If Floyd chooses to retire and never fights again, it takes nothing away from his career and everything he's done.

Comment

Unless Floyd fights Pac he'll always be remembered as the guy who ducked the midget.

Comment

Floyd haters 25 years from now :
            "Aaah this Mayweather, what a character! I always liked him! He would whoop any of these current fighters easy."

Comment

That he was one of the best defensive wizards of boxing. I said one of the best not the best. That he enjoyed playing the villain role and really didn't seem to care how much hate he received. That no matter who he beat people would still be pissed and say he had to beat someone else to prove himself.

For what it's worth 25 years is a long time from now. By that time the hate will have gone down for sure. As much as they'll deny it now I think then even the people that hated on him are going to appreciate just how gifted he was.

Comment

One of the few "complete" fighters of his time, with a very calculated approach in the way he did business. A guy who could piss fans off and get them emotionally invested into his fights, yet people would still respect his ability/skill-set.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  One of the few "complete" fighters of his time, with a very calculated approach in the way he did business. A guy who could piss fans off and get them emotionally invested into his fights, yet people would still respect his ability/skill-set.
                  not a Floyd fanatic but I agree with this ^^^ and I will always ask myself the million dollar question...
                  how come he never fought Pacquiao...

Comment

One of best defensive fighters of all time, one of the best of his era, and one of the best period.

Comment

Working...
                    X