No announcement yet.

5'7'' and 180 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'7'' and 180 lbs

im 16, 5'6'' and 180lbs but im not fat i am all muscle, i am worried about what wieght class i will fight in wen i turn pro, it may be heavywieght and i will b 5'10'' tops n i wil b fightin guys 6'5'' any suggestions how i can combat the hieght difference

Do what Tyson did, bob and weave, keep your guard up and get on the inside!

i will b 5'10'' tops
    How do you know? You might end up 6' or you might not grow another inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
      How do you know? You might end up 6' or you might not grow another inch.
      He's right about this. I had a growth spurt from 18-20. When I graduated high school I was 5'7", and I was always the smallest in my class until I was about 16 or so. My dad's 5'5" and my mother and sister are both 5'0". I thought I was doomed to shortness -- and fatness, as my mother, sister, and brother are all hella fat. I'm now just under 5'10" -- people I went to high school with who see me now don't believe it's me. Genetics are weird. Cope.

Comment

If its weightlifter muscle it'll go away slowly... like give it 3 years and you'll have lost 7 or so pounds...

Comment

I had a growth spurt from 18-20. When I graduated high school I was 5'7"
          Same here. When I was 16 I was about 5'8" and I got another growth spurt at 17 and now I've grown to 6'2". But My dads pretty tall anyway so I was just a late bloomer!

But the point is genetics are unpredictable which makes it hard to predict anyones height. There's a 15 year old guy who lives next door to me and he's 6'4"! There must be somthing in junk food that makes em grow!

Comment

Originally posted by gcropper
            im 16, 5'6'' and 180lbs but im not fat i am all muscle, i am worried about what wieght class i will fight in wen i turn pro, it may be heavywieght and i will b 5'10'' tops n i wil b fightin guys 6'5'' any suggestions how i can combat the hieght difference

ur short n fat

Comment

you could still grow to be 6-? my uncle did, he was 5-5 in high school and now he is 6-5

Comment

Originally posted by gcropper

Yeah, stay in school and fight with your mind rather than your fists, trust me kid. Amatuers are great, the pros are like a big meat grinder.

Rockin'

Comment

just for the record dino my body fat is only 7 % so im not fat

Comment

Just fight at cruiserweight. I’m a short guy myself, and I would never want to get in the ring with those giants of today either.

Sounds like your already built pretty good, but down the road you may have to step up your aerobic activity, lift weights more often, and at much higher repetitions, and most importantly watch your caloric intake which will have a huge impact how much muscle you can put on. Good luck, and keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                    X