Tyson talks about HOF, "I told Ali i would get Larry Holmes back for him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice story

Comment

I think we can all tell from the emotional response Tyson was just a different boxer with Cus around.

I think it's safe to say (being Cus was an excellent strategist and clearly the motivator) that you could probably shave most of Mike's losses off his record if he lived to be a part of those fights.

Truly Frankenstein's Monster.

Look how big a role confidence/determination plays in boxing. He's almost mentally finished by the early 90's despite being absolutely prime otherwise.

Comment

I am so proud of Mike as a man all of the adversity he has been through,to rise back to the top is an inspiration to all men no matter how fcked up they are.

Comment

so now that joe cortez is being enshrined in the hall of fame, can we keep him there?

by the way, great read.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Mike Tyson told me personally that he thinks Larry Holmes is the greatest Heavyweight of all time.

Later that night he told someone else he thought Ali was the greatest of all time.

He's the boxing Brian Wilson.

And like Wilson, he can affect you with a few words -- "Jim Jacobs was a beautiful man" -- because, when he says them, you know he's living them, past, present and future.

Keep on keeping on, Mike.

Comment

Fantastic interview.

Comment

Hillarious!!!!

...So what you have another one..

Comment

I wish a lot that Tyson had his head on straight and pre douglas kept that same mindset . He could been so much more, as already great he is its sad and you wish otherwise happened. Truelya once in a lifetme fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                    Tyson douglas
                    U sed d magic words.

Shameless self-promo.

In an implicit way, it's a tribute to Mike as much as it is to Douglas, though it's explicitly dedicated to the latter.

James wasn't the only 'Motherless Child' in the ring that night,

"I never saw my mother happy with me and proud of me for doing something. She only knew me as being a wild kid running the streets, coming home with new clothes that she knew I didn't pay for. I never got a chance to talk to her or know about her. Professionally, it has no effect, but it's devastating emotionally and personally."

I have a sequel video in the works focusing on Mike (and better produced, with Ghostface on the soundtrack) for when I CBA to complete.

Comment

I think tyson is way overrated but I got big respect for him. Even though he basically ignores boxing these days it seems like if you get him going about it, he will talk all day about boxing.

Also I find his new persona fake as hell, but when he gets choked up and cries, you can't fake that.

Comment

Working...
                      X