No announcement yet.

Boxing Needs More Politically Incorrect Figures Like Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Needs More Politically Incorrect Figures Like Kovalev

The sport is one of the few remaining sanctums of masculinity.

That's subjective.

I believe every fighter has his faults and Kovalev is one of those guys that's truly capable of appealing to just about every single kind of boxing fan. He's a good boxer, he does it on the front foot, he's a good pressure fighter and he gets ko's. But there's a language barrier, and some of the stuff he says is politically incorrect and happens to be a very real turnoff to many people. But I look at him and I feel like, what he does inside the ring, he has the goods to be appreciated by just about every boxing fan.

Comment

kova aint a diplomat but he kept it real and honest.....I respect that

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
        That's subjective.

I believe every fighter has his faults and Kovalev is one of those guys that's truly capable of appealing to just about every single kind of boxing fan. He's a good boxer, he does it on the front foot, he's a good pressure fighter and he gets ko's. But there's a language barrier, and some of the stuff he says is politically incorrect and happens to be a very real turnoff to many people. But I look at him and I feel like, what he does inside the ring, he has the goods to be appreciated by just about every boxing fan.
        Not a fan of him but it's great that there are fighters like him around.

Boxing recruits its participants from the ranks of the working class and hood nigg@s. People from these environments typically directly speak their mind.

It'd be a disingenuous representation if these guys all acted like manny and played carefully with their words to avoid offending anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          kova aint a diplomat but he kept it real and honest.....I respect that
          As he shouldn't be.

A diplomat's job is to be nice.

Boxing is about dishing out punishment while minimizing the damage you take.

Comment

He seems to be a nice dude. The ones that try to darken his image are stupid.

Every boxer wants to win the fights and hurt they opponents. No one wants to kill them. Kovalev is no different than the rest. And he seems to be a nice person, and fights fair, makes no fouls, doesn't rely on dirty tactics, etc. A good person for the sport.

Comment

We need more no-nonsense savages like this guy in boxing

Comment

Eh, it works for Sergey because he's a genuine bad ass and carries himself that way, but don't forget it doesn't work for everyone. When Paulie Malignaggi does it, for example, he just sounds like a douchey urban fruit.

Comment

The man should be one of boxings biggest stars and selling out arenas, he's that good and gets KO's.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? we just had Floyd Mayweather Jr who was as politcally incorrect as they come and you guys hated him

Comment

Working...
                    X