Timothy Bradley reveals why he didn't take the Khan offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy Bradley reveals why he didn't take the Khan offer

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/5/25...ract-gary-shaw

Here he basically says EXACTLY what I told the idiots who accused him of ducking. How can you possibly accuse him of ducking when Shaw is clearly trying to trap him?

Originally posted by Tim Bradley
    "It was just basically my promoter has a deadline till June 30th to get me a fight and that's pretty much what I'm holding onto. I didn't put that in the contract; they're the ones who put it in the contract. June 30th is the date that I was supposed to be fighting and they're not delivering. ... So I'm just standing by my guns and saying, 'Hey, you guys gotta deliver by June 30th; I'm ready to go.' July 23rd is out of my contract. So that's pretty much in a nutshell why I'm not taking the fight at this moment."
    Basically, he wanted to fight Khan in June so it's still in his contract, and he could be free to do whatever he wants afterwards. July 23rd is out of that range, meaning he'd have to be Shaw's slave for another few years and get zero promotion. Even Schaefer himself said Bradley isnt ducking Khan!

Arum just stated a few days ago that he is interested in signing Bradley because he sees him as a future attraction. Top Rank happens to be the only one without a good JWW, with Benavidez being far too young, so you can expect to see them working together soon.

LOL at Bradley not getting any promotion does he actually expect people to believe that?

Comment

That a valid point. I can understand that.

Comment

How would he be a slave for the next few years for signing a fight on July 23rd? Explain that and I might believe that to be a good reason. Either way the way he's been talking lately still makes him look like a douche bag bitch.

Comment

he wants out of that contract

Comment

ANYTHING to get out of a deal with shaw should be APPLAUDED by EVERYONE.....

bradley will fight whoever, khan, maidana, whoever, there is nothing in this guy's career or recent bouts that says he's afraid of anyone..... in fact his record shows he will fight anyone, anywhere........ even go up in weight that is not his best weight, like he did against abregu..........

bottom line, bradley is my hero for bailing on shaw............... he gets more points for this move than if he were to fight anyone in boxing right now.......

if he resigns with shaw, he is the dumbest SOB ever and needs to be psychologically tested for brain aids or something that terrible thats eating his brain..........

if he stays away from shaw, PURE GENIUS....!!!!!

Comment

Bradley is a bum plain and simple

Comment

I didnt buy any of that scared business. Bradley thinks he can beat Khan genuinely.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                  http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/5/25...ract-gary-shaw

Here he basically says EXACTLY what I told the idiots who accused him of ducking. How can you possibly accuse him of ducking when Shaw is clearly trying to trap him?

Basically, he wanted to fight Khan in June so it's still in his contract, and he could be free to do whatever he wants afterwards. July 23rd is out of that range, meaning he'd have to be Shaw's slave for another few years and get zero promotion. Even Schaefer himself said Bradley isnt ducking Khan!

Arum just stated a few days ago that he is interested in signing Bradley because he sees him as a future attraction. Top Rank happens to be the only one without a good JWW, with Benavidez being far too young, so you can expect to see them working together soon.
                  Shaw said he could of taken the Khan fight and still went his own way.

And after recent events I'll believe Gary Shaw over Tim Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    LOL at Bradley not getting any promotion does he actually expect people to believe that?
                    What money has Shaw put into him? I mean it's not really his fault because he doesn't have any money to put in, but just imagine what GBP, Top Rank or even Don King could do. I could see Top Rank putting him on a card in the Staples Center. Or imagine a Bradley-Canelo doubleheader in September (or even a Bradley-Canelo fight some day if you wanna go there).

Comment

Working...
                    X