Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's no exact science to gauge being weight drained !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no exact science to gauge being weight drained !

I hear many of you make excuses for your favorite fighters being weight drained as the reason for their shortcomings in a fight.

Most of you use a fighter's weight the day of the fight to connect it with being weight drained. For example: De La Joto vs PAC. The Pocho only gained a measly 2lbs. from the previous day's weigh-in.

Here's a quote from Roach:“I said, ‘Great, the more weight he gains, the better it is for us.’ Food makes you sluggish and slows you down. For someone to gain 15 pounds from the weigh-in to the fight is terrible for your body.”

James Toney blames his lost to RJJ due to him being weight drained, yet he rehydrated to 20lbs.

So, there, I gave y'all 3 examples of fighters being weight drained, yet, all their rehydration weights couldn't be anymore different from another.

So, which one is it. A fighter gaining only 2lbs is weight drained or a fighter rehydrating to 10-20lbs is considered weight drained ?

I'm not saying being in a state of being weight drained does not exist. But, it doesn't seem y'all know much about the subject either.

we get it. your favorite fighter is always right no matter what and is above reproach. all hail lord pacquiao

Comment

theres no two ways about it, pacquaios wins over de la hoya and hatton were won at the weigh ins, look at de la hoya and even ricky hattons cheekbones

Comment

Working...
      X