Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Jones vs Brandon Vera who wins this upcoming matchup ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Jones vs Brandon Vera who wins this upcoming matchup ?

Don't know much about Jones, except for a few highlights on Youtube and the only full fight I've seen of him was against Hamill. I'd say I was impressed when he tore up Hamill.

How do you all see this future matchup ? I think it's gonna be interesting and I'm leaning towards Jones !

Last edited by jimmy webb; 02-08-2010, 11:02 AM.

vera just doesn't have that killer instinct he showed early in his career not sure exactly why but ill be rooting for him to hopefully put on a show and generate some buzz like he had when he was a newcomer

Comment

I like Jones as a fairly good favorite, but Verra should present a decent threat.

Comment

Originally posted by $ LegenD $ View Post
        vera just doesn't have that killer instinct he showed early in his career not sure exactly why but ill be rooting for him to hopefully put on a show and generate some buzz like he had when he was a newcomer
        Well, I think it's two things. First, I think Vera has to really drain himself to make 205lbs. Second, the big-name guys he has fought at LHW were better.

I mean, the only two big names he had on his resume at HW was Mir, who was coming back from a motorcyle accident. And then, he lost to Tim Sylvia.

Comment

When I created this thread I actually had this guy in mind, lmao. At first I thought John Jones was Anthony Johnson.

Comment

Jones is improving at a scary rate. Vera aint been the same since he sat out all that time trying to get a new contract

i see Bones Jones catching Vera with a throw and finishing the night with some (legal) ground n pound in the 2nd round

Comment

Jon Jones has potential and this is a nice step up for him career-wise. I'd like to see him win with an early KO (I'm not a Vera fan)

Comment

I see Jones winning. At 6'4 with that freakishly long reach he can dictate where fights go and I don't see this being any different. He'll toss Brandon around much like he did Matt Hamill and either stop him or win a comfortable decision.

Comment

vera really does starch himself to make 205, he still looks pretty skinny when he walking around at 225. he's a big step up for jones, but i think bones will surprise everyone and stop vera, it'll be a really ugly stoppage too, like a rear naked or vera getting pounded out on the ground. if jones were to win this fight and dominate he'd be maybe 2 fights away from a title shot

Comment

Jon Jones will beat Vera down. Jon Jones is a future champion. First to say it even though some people thought he was still a wet behind the ears.

Comment

Working...
                    X