Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd tells public to put pressure on Arum and Pacquiao

http://fighthype.com/pages/content11564.html

fh.com

That would be pointless. When Bradley was matched against Casamayor, Bob Arum boldly said who cares what the fans think. The public putting pressure on Bob Arum wouldn't make a bit of difference. The public aren't good for anything besides lining his greedy pockets. I think after this, Top Rank's PPV buys will take a major hit. Manny Pacquiao's PPV buys will go back to 650-750k because there is no more interest in this guy they've been building up as this fearless fighter, who'll fight anyone and the fighter who'll defeat Floyd. Look at what he did to Margarito. He's gonna kill Floyd...blah blah blah. It worked until they showed they weren't interested in Floyd. They're interested in selling the public a big lie. The public won't buy anymore. The time to fight is now. Either that, or watch the buys take a major dive.

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
      That would be pointless. When Bradley was matched against Casamayor, Bob Arum boldly said who cares what the fans think. The public putting pressure on Bob Arum wouldn't make a bit of difference. The public aren't good for anything besides lining his greedy pockets. I think after this, Top Rank's PPV buys will take a major hit. Manny Pacquiao's PPV buys will go back to 650-750k because there is no more interest in this guy they've been building up as this fearless fighter, who'll fight anyone and the fighter who'll defeat Floyd. Look at what he did to Margarito. He's gonna kill Floyd...blah blah blah. It worked until they showed they weren't interested in Floyd. They're interested in selling the public a big lie. The public won't buy anymore. The time to fight is now. Either that, or watch the buys take a major dive.

I agree. Top Rank and Manny are almost forced to fight Floyd at this point. It would be the biggest backlash in boxing if they came out and tried to sell the public another BS fight. I wouldn't be surprised if Top Rank read the reaction here or elsewhere last night and or this morning then started to reconsider actually doing the Mayweather fight.

The public has spoken. Now we'll see if Arum and Pacquiao will listen.

Comment

Don't matter, as long as Filipinos keep funding him, Bob's back wallet is secure

Comment

Working...
        X