No announcement yet.

Is it good to work out with a cold?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it good to work out with a cold?

This ****ing cold is putting off my training. I treid working out but I get small headaches. I should rest eh? But then again, it's just a cold no?

My advice is never train when your ill, if it's a sniffle downgrade the intensity of your session, some is better than nothing but if your a hard trainer then a a week off or a few sessions off won't kill you, obviously if you feel like **** then rest and do as little as possible just eat better so the pounds don't fly on.
    Some might disagree but any time i've tried to train through injury or illness i've about killed myself so i'd say no.

Comment

I have always had problems with illness while i'm training, it really ****s me off! I normally do light training(shadow box etc)and fight it off.

I'm pretty certain its because my training is so intense that it lowers my immune system, i work in an office so i'm at higher risk anyway.

I have started taking a-z vitamins and cod liver oil and havent been ill since december 2003.

Comment

yo

DO NOT TRAIN WHEN UR SICK
        when ur sick it causes lots of ur enzymes not to work in tha body and ur energy will be sucked out

Comment

yeah get to bed and recover then get back to it

Comment

Originally posted by m00ks
            This ****ing cold is putting off my training. I treid working out but I get small headaches. I should rest eh? But then again, it's just a cold no?

Lay off any exercises you do, cant really offer anything else to the post because others have put it so nicely...However I would like to include one thing, Getting ill can be a sign of overtraining...I have took my workouts a step at a time and at a much slower pace and I use to get sick atleast every other month and I have been ill free since january 2003

Comment

When you have colds that means your body immune system is low and being attacked by some kind of virus so the best thing to do is rest and let your body recuperate . . . working out at that state won't be helping your body anyway.

Comment

Should I Go To Boxing All I Have Is A Cough But Except For That I Feel Perfectly Normal I Need To Know Cuz Training Is In 30 Min And Im Supposed To Spar Thanks For The Help Yallz

Comment

You should probly go and then explain your situation to your trainer/coach. If its a credible person, then they will have the right advice for you about training that day anyway.

Comment

I'd take a break. You don't want to make it worse. Give your body a chance to battle the cold or keep it from succumbing. But some people train through it. To each his own I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X