Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your definition of an elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your definition of an elite fighter?

Does anyone here define this guys as elite and if they do whats your reason?
    Mayweather
    Winky
    Tyson
    Calzaghe
    McClellan

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    Mayweather
    Winky
    Tyson
    Calzaghe
    McClellan
    i wouldn't consider tyson elite cus imo u must be able to adapt as long as ur standing. Tyson was never able to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by popsikal View Post
      i wouldn't consider tyson elite cus imo u must be able to adapt as long as ur standing. Tyson was never able to adapt.
      That is true especially later on in his career, but he did have a great defence/ offence in his prime. I was thinking maybe if a fighter has a great defence/offence then you could class him as elite.
      Last edited by General Zod; 05-04-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

That is true especially later on in his career, but he did have a great defence/ offence in his prime. I was thinking maybe if a fighter has a great defence/offence then you could class him as elite.
        i suppose they are great, but elite means cream of the crop. u need speed and power to potentially become elite. to become elite, you must add the brains along with it.

Comment

I would difine an elite fighter as some1 who a) couldve done well in any era and b) has had more than 5 world title fights or big occasion fights.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
            I would difine an elite fighter as some1 who a) couldve done well in any era and b) has had more than 5 world title fights or big occasion fights.
            But what about the ability to adjust in fights, like Mayweather can? Is that also necessary as well?

For example:
            Mayweather: A
            Tyson: B+?

Comment

yes but i think a fighter that could hold his own in any generation suggests he would have these abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by popsikal View Post
                i suppose they are great, but elite means cream of the crop. u need speed and power to potentially become elite. to become elite, you must add the brains along with it.
                Ok, good point do you agree with this then?:
                Mayweather A+
                Tyson B+
                Winky B+

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                  yes but i think a fighter that could hold his own in any generation suggests he would have these abilities.
                  good point. Im trying to put together a mini ATG list, but I was having trouble defining top fighters. What about Hopkins, Jones and Toney what grade would you give those guys?

Comment

Mayweather
                    Winky
                    Tyson
                    Calzaghe
                    McClellan

Elite to me means top talented fighters. World champions. Fighters people notice. Fighters that matter when you look at future fights. Those fighters that you listed fit that category.

Comment

Working...
                    X