Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trout Says Canelo is no Different from Cotto.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo isnt like Cotto, hes worse!

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
      Wow, finally a post without the word 'ginger'
      Of course. He may be fighting Trout. Besides, calling him ginger, is disrespectful to ginger...............lol, just kidding!!

Comment

I got Trout. It's hard to pick Canelo cause of his less then stellar competition. He looks like the real deal though. I bet my dad $200 Canelo loses. Let's hope I win. Trout UD

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          He's right, except Cotto has far more experience & canelo hasn't been tested like he's about to be.
          Neither has Trout...
          People act as If Trout has been there and done that the guy is 27years old!!
          He's barely fought that many big names Canelo is still very young, hates going to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
            Neither has Trout...
            People act as If Trout has been there and done that the guy is 27years old!!
            He's barely fought that many big names Canelo is still very young, hates going to hate.
            Good for you bro!!

Comment

This is a win win for me.

One on hand, I hope Canelo wins because I want to see Canelo-Mayweather in September as a good fight and IF Canelo wins, he could be the real deal.

On the other hand, I really like Trout. He's a great guy and a great Champion and I'd also love to see the Canelo train derailed Or atleast the fanboy's reaction.

I just hope for a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                WBA champion austin trout (26-0, 14 KO’s) sees WBC champion canelo alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KO’s) using the same strategy as miguel cotto, trout said to RingTV. trout was able to neutralize cotto’s left hooks by staying at a distance, jabbing and grabbing when he would come in cotto’s range.

if trout truly believes canelo will fight the same as cotto, he's in for a rude awakening. canelo may not have the same footwork as cotto but he is much more accurate with his punches and has a lot more power.

many people say it's a big mistake for canelo to take on trout but i think canelo has the potential to knock out trout with a wicked body shot and i'm not even a fan of the guy.

if canelo somehow manages to get past trout with flying colors, then i think the next big fight would be canelo vs. martinez at 154, that is if a catch weight is not possible (i'm thinking 157 lbs.)

your thoughts?
                Keep thinking that Trout, Cotto is damage goods Canelo is a Young Buck I don't see how you can say they are alike.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                  I got Trout. It's hard to pick Canelo cause of his less then stellar competition. He looks like the real deal though. I bet my dad $200 Canelo loses. Let's hope I win. Trout UD

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  You better hand over you EBT card to your Dad on May 5th

Comment

I am a Canelo fan and I think he will beat Trout and probably KO him. I don't think Canelo is the same as Cotto at all. Cotto is 31 and in my opinion a natural welterweight. He is past prime and has been beat up badly by Pacquiao and Margarito. Even in his prime Cotto lacked stamina and did not do well under pressure. Canelo is a full sized 154 pounder and he is only 22 and getting better with every fight. Canelo is taller than Cotto with more reach. He is faster than Cotto and punches harder. He has better stamina than Cotto and thrives on pressure. Cotto does his best work with his left hand but Canelo is very good with both hands and combinations. Canelo has a great killer instinct. If he hurts Trout he will jump on him hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      Another reason why I see Canelo winning this is because during the close competitive rounds, I see Canelo taking those rounds simply because his punches are getting a better reaction from the crowd, not so much the crowd but actually being more effective. Trout best be careful with that comparison, Canelo is an actual Jr MW who can crack, and most importantly has a right hand, which I'm sure Cotto's biggest fans can admit Cotto's right hand is non existent at times/ decent at best.
                      Canelo's power is overrated. Especially as he's been matched against old, faded, smaller men. His TKOs over Cotto and Gomez were disgraceful ref jobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X