No announcement yet.

Aldo vs Pettis August 2nd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldo vs Pettis August 2nd.

Two of the most dynamic strikers in all of mixed martial arts will meet Aug. 3 as Anthony Pettis is dropping from lightweight to 145 pounds to challenge current champion Jose Aldo for the UFC featherweight title.

"Two of the baddest dudes in the fight business are going to fight at 145 pounds," said UFC president Dana White. "These guys are two of the most amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport. I am so pumped for this fight."

White said the company currently is seeking a venue for the as-yet-unannounced event and that sites in Texas, Chicago, Las Vegas and Rio de Janeiro are all under consideration. Aldo vs. Pettis is expected to headline the card.
    MMAjunkie.com

hope they bring it to texas...ill def get tickets to this one....finally pettis getting a shot at da title....

Comment

Originally posted by $ LegenD $ View Post
      hope they bring it to texas...ill def get tickets to this one....finally pettis getting a shot at da title....
      Pettis is next in line of the LW title too. He says he wants them both...

Comment

Insane! If Pettis performs at the same level I can honestly seem him taking it aslong as he doesnt get caught by one of those sudden flying knees that Aldo can land and those low kicks. At 145 atm I think Aldos cardio is his only weakness, most likely due to the hard cut, if he stays in shape between this fight then I think it should be fine over 5 but I don't think this fight will go 5 with how dynamic these guys are at striking.

Comment

nice. that's gonna be a sick fight. Aldo really didn't have another legit contender at Featherweight.

Now I hope Edgar also moves down again and fights for the interim Bantamweight title and then fight Cruz for the real title when he comes back. That division needs him.

Comment

both of these guys flying off the cage trying moves to out do each other...its gonna be sick...hope they add the henderson-melendez fight as co-main event....

Comment

Damn it just sucks its so far away. That's 6-7 months away. Lamas probably feels like he's getting shafted but he'll most likely fight Zombie for the next shot.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Aldo will take this though. Too much speed and power.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Bring it to Texas!!!!

Comment

this fight makes no sense. lamas should get the shot..............

ufc really losing me as a fan the challengers are not getting the shots they deserve at all

Comment

Working...
                    X