Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Frazier and Ali fought in the 60s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Frazier and Ali fought in the 60s?

What if Frazier and Ali had their first fight in the mid to late 60s? This, of course, assumes Ali was never exiled.

Answering a question with a question:

What if the earth where a cube instead of a sphere?

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
      Then it would be a cube and not a sphere.

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
      What if Frazier and Ali had their first fight in the mid to late 60s? This, of course, assumes Ali was never exiled.
      I think it wouldve been close. I had Frazier winning lots of rounds in my score cards during their first fight. During the 2nd Ali holding behind his head so much I dont know why Frazier didnt complain. And during the 3rd it was closer but Ali still won.

I'd still give Frazier the benefit of the doubt for their first fight, since Ali never fought a fighter that kept coming forward and was hard to catch. Later fights though I think Ali wouldve caught on eventually as he did.

Comment

The young Ali beats Frazier decisively and may even get a stoppage in the late rounds

Comment

Ali tries to dance and expends a lot of energy doing so, especially while Frazier is caving in his ribs when he is against the ropes.

Frazier pulls ahead in the late rounds. Maybe with a knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
            Global warming would go away?

Comment

It would be awesome.

Comment

In 1967 I'd favour Ali by decision in a tough fight. Frazier improved alot throughout 67-71. He'd have probably have been a touch too green to beat a prime Ali, who lets face it is widely believed by many to be the best heavyweight to ever lace them up.....at that point.

Another factor to consider is the spite that built up from Frazier towards Ali after he had campaigned to have Ali's license reinstated. Frazier seemed to quite like the exiled Ali and even leant him money. He was vey hurt by Ali's insults in the build up to FOTC and I don't doubt that this drove him to be at his very best (which he needed to be to beat 1971 Ali). Anything less than Frazier's very best and Ali would have probably won that fight.

Comment

ali wins by decision or late stoppage , ali lost something in exile his foot speed and ability to slip punches slightly diminished and in boxing just a fraction of loss in reflexes makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
                    ali wins by decision or late stoppage , ali lost something in exile his foot speed and ability to slip punches slightly diminished and in boxing just a fraction of loss in reflexes makes a big difference.
                    I think joe always gives ali trouble but if ali never had the exile he would be even greater than we have ever seen him. I favor ali

Comment

Working...
                    X