Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Manny Pacquiao vs. Saul Alvarez at 154 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
    the fight can happen at 154 lbs if alvarez is not willing to go down to 150 though i'm not so sure it's a good idea for pacquiao to go beyond 150 lbs since he himself said that the worst punishment he's ever had to take was during the margarito fight which was at an agreed weight of 150 lbs. but what the heck, this is pacquiao were talking about, he's always had to fight significantly bigger opponents his entire boxing career and ultimately win in very convincing fashion.

i see the fight with alvarez to be a very thrilling and cagey fight, a chess match at first where they initially feel each other out but as the fight goes on, and if pacquiao is still able to throw an average of 100 punches per round just like he used to do, then alvarez has no chance but get bullied by pacquiao and might either end with a TKO in pacquiao's favor or in a form of a UD.

your thoughts?

Pac doesnt have the power anymore. NO one is hurting Canelo except for Martinez. Not only will Pac not stop him, but you have to remember. Margarito was big and slow bum with no skills. This would be pac's first time fighting a prime opponent who is bigger and stronger, and just about as fast. Canelo is very fast, just a TAD bit slower than Floyd, and the Floyd who fought Cotto, although sloppy defensively, was WAAAY Faster than the Floyd who fought Ortiz. Floyd had ww version of the Gatti fight as far as his speed goes.(I know he didnt fight Cotto at ww, but you get what I mean. He weighed in about 150, same as he does at ww on fightnight.)

Comment

manny has repeatedly said he can't fight at 154 lbs. now if canelo can get down to 150 and not rehydrate past 152.5 then manny will win.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
        pac hits harder than canelo just ask mosley...not sure if pac would have the same speed at 151-154, but i think he'll still be able to match canelo's speed. pac has better foot movement of course. definitely pac won't have size advantage on fight night..pac's chin has been proven to be pretty solid and i don't think pac will fight on the inside or get himself caught on the ropes, so i doubt canelo will be able to bang that body that much or at all. i'd expect pac to win it by decision...
        That was the last fight where Pac had power. He couldnt even drop two guys smaller than Mosley. After that Mosley and Margarito fight, his power was done.

Comment

I love both fighters but I have to go with the much younger, very much bigger man to win on points or by KO. Pacquiao is really just a big lightweight in my opinion. Why don't you match him up with the world's best 140 to 147 pounders instead of the top 154 pounders? Pacquiao himself said he wants to stay at or below 147. He does not want a 154 pound tittle because he does not belong at that weight and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Canelo by K.O/TKO

The size and strength differential would be ridiculous.
            I agree good sir

Comment

I'll take the guy who actually has experience fighting quality opponents- Pac

Comment

not a fan boy at all..
                pacman destroys canelo..

the fight will look like the clottey fight..
                canelo will get tko'ed..

Comment

why is pac too small but for mayweather its ok? there are almost exactly the same size . they are almost exactly the same size in terms of height and weight. floyd was 150lbs the morning of the fight with alvarez, 4lbs under the limit but nobody complained or said floyd is too small? despite alvarez weighing between 165-170 when he stepped in the ring. btw yes i know what weight pacqiuao started his career at and i know he is thought of as 'small' but in reality he is a comfortable 147lb fighter. who can easily make 154lb, against bradley wasnt he 150lb on the night?! with tim being 147lb on the fight night, thats the official weight aswel. floyd against canelo, floyd unofficially weight 147lbs in the ring.

i think alvarez wins if he learnt anything from the mayweather fight and if he beats Lara. Manny doesnt have the power to hurt canelo, his speed will be a problem but i think mannys condition will be his downfall, if canelo can have a decent workrate for 12 rounds there is no way manny will win, pacqiuao can look impressive fighting in burst with quick flurries but i think constant pressure from a powerful guy like canelo will be too much. Pacquiao has never been great at avoiding punishment and i cant see him being illusive in this fight despite his speed advantage.

Comment

Alvarez, too big.

Comment

Working...
                    X