No announcement yet.

Floyds best opponent from 147-154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    Martinez is good but he has not fought him or suggested he has any interest in fighting him.

Ortiz too me was going to get really tough in that fight. Much the same way he was with berto. He is a full fledged welter weight and has good pop in both hands. I think if that fight would have continued we would have seen Floyd tested unlike we had seen ever....LEFTY
    What did you see that led you to believe any of that?

The fight ended early in the 4th round with one of Ortiz's eyes already closing and entering the rounds where PBF usually just takes over a fight.
    Last edited by tredh; 02-02-2012, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      I agree if u break those 3 down its close. Oscar in his next fight didn't look very impressive against Forbes and imo showed how past his prime he already was,Cotto hasnt been tested against a prime elite fighter in a couple years now,and Ortiz is being overrated due to his win over Berto. I still go back to his other recent fights like Peterson, Campbell and Maidana where he was far from impressive. U could actually argue Zab put up the best actual fight vs Floyd.
      but see thats not fair. Cotto might look like garbage in his next fight also and Oscar went down to 150 for Forbes which is why I was one of the only people who said that Pac is going to kill him. I said if he looked like that at 150 against Forbes, I know he's going to look like a dead man at WW.

My point is that I thought your threads on this topic is always about the pre fight, right? I think most are answering the question wrong because they always talk about how tough the fight was itself. Even now you are talking about the next fight after but your main thing about Cotto being the toughest is what he's seen as going into the fight, right?

If thats the case then you cant talk about what happens in the next fight or even what happened in the fight itself. Its just about the pre fight. I mean if Floyd kills Cotto then you cant say its his toughest fight or if Cotto gets KO by a bum next then you cant say its his toughest fight, so you are just talking about the pre fight, am I wrong?

Comment

Mosley. Was the champ at 147, top 5 P4P, coming off his biggest win in a decade.

Comment

Hatton was a big fight going into it, was Top 10 P4P, unbeaten, prime, had fought at 147 before.

But, I'd say probably Cotto at 154 or Ortiz.

Ortiz is better than people give him credit for. His only real loss besides Floyd was to Maidana, and Marcos never manned up and gave him a rematch at 140. I hope Maidana beats Alexander now, just so we can see Ortiz-Maidana II, because I got Ortiz in that one.

What happens if Ortiz goes on to be a Welterweight, Super Welterweight, Middleweight champion.....does Floyd's win over him look really good then???

Comment

A 37 year old Shane Mosley was probably his most legit opponent.

Thats pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              A 37 year old Shane Mosley was probably his most legit opponent.

Thats pretty sad.
              What's sad is that Pacquiao ducked said 37 year old.

Comment

So Ricky Hatton, Zab Judah, Victor Ortiz, and Shane Mosley were all crap fights, not legit. According the bias Floyd haters who never have ANYTHING good to say, that's the truth.

S**t gets old. I wonder what NSB would have been like in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. There probably would have been threads like this "Why is Ali fighting Patterson??? He is Liston's leftovers". "Ali is ducking the Foreman rematch". "Hearns is already Leonards's leftovers". "Ali's chin was exposed by Henry Cooper". "Ali looked like crap against Oscar Bonavena". "Ali is fighting absolute no names. Mac Foster? Buster Mathis? Alvin Lewis? Bob Foster? He's become a cherry picker". "Why is Ali fighting Ellis? He is Frazier's leftovers". "Frazier is shot now".

If there was NSB and BoxingScene back then, those would have been the posts we read.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  So Ricky Hatton, Zab Judah, Victor Ortiz, and Shane Mosley were all crap fights, not legit. According the bias Floyd haters who never have ANYTHING good to say, that's the truth.

S**t gets old. I wonder what NSB would have been like in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. There probably would have been threads like this "Why is Ali fighting Patterson??? He is Liston's leftovers". "Ali is ducking the Foreman rematch". "Hearns is already Leonards's leftovers". "Ali's chin was exposed by Henry Cooper". "Ali looked like crap against Oscar Bonavena". "Ali is fighting absolute no names. Mac Foster? Buster Mathis? Alvin Lewis? Bob Foster? He's become a cherry picker". "Why is Ali fighting Ellis? He is Frazier's leftovers". "Frazier is shot now".

If there was NSB and BoxingScene back then, those would have been the posts we read.
                  Hagler won't move up! He's only fighting smaller names moving up!

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    What's sad is that Pacquiao ducked said 37 year old.
                    Ok....and????????

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Ok....and????????
                      That Mosley was a threat after he raped Margarito.

Comment

Working...
                      X