Shannon Taylor Out Of Coma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Taylor Out Of Coma

Shannon Taylor, What Happened ?
    Former Contender Shannon Taylor has had an overdose, been in a coma, and has now come out of it, but he is still in a dire state on life support. Taylor may me known to you as the guy Shane Mosley stopped with a vicious body blow. Taylor's life is a typical boxer's life story, this bloke has had a very rocky road, and now the tragedy is at its zenith. What happened ?,,,,,, has Taylor actually been an underworld victim ? http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...DvQp5kwbSyuEbQ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Shannon Taylor was born to fight, it suited his temperament. He never reached the top, but he was good to watch and was a contender for Mosley's belt, unfortunately for Shannon, Sugar Shane was at least two whole levels in ability above him and was destroyed but we all expected that, since that fight Taylor has been in the newspapers for all the wrong reasons, alcohol, street and pub fights and he went downhill fast. Shannon was not a great fighter (just tough and good at national level), but he deserves our respect for being prepared to fight most anybody, and prepared for all the hard knocks. I have never met Shannon, but I wish him a quick recovery and pray that he can get some of his life back. ----------------------------------------------- Anyone want to comment on Shannon's career, which is now definitely over and now qualifies for the History section. What could Taylor have learned and done differently to have become a belt holder ?..... Only thing I can think of would have been a move from Woolongong to Stateside, I think he would have benefited from that experience, but its all over now, GET WELL SHANNON --------------------------------------- Here are a few more links to the current story http://www.google.com.au/url?url=htt...cgAr9A42vWOZfA http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...Em6zQGpnxja_dQ
    Last edited by McGoorty; 12-01-2011, 03:43 AM.

This is good news since from what I read he was pretty much pronounced dead for a while until showing signs of improvement. Hopefully he can recover and overcome his problems.

Comment

Yes, I really hope he will continue to improve...........

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        This is good news since from what I read he was pretty much pronounced dead for a while until showing signs of improvement. Hopefully he can recover and overcome his problems.
        Yes, it's very promising according to the Telegraph. Fingers crossed and I hope he gets well, I really feel for his family in this dark time.

Comment

good news, I hope he continues to do well and pulls through without any lasting damage

Comment

Any of you guys remember seeing him fight,,, well apart from the Mosley fight.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
              Any of you guys remember seeing him fight,,, well apart from the Mosley fight.
              I saw Taylor fight live on the Mosley-DLH I undercard. I think he fought Charles Whitaker.

Comment

I heard this guy had died. Hope he pulls through.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  I saw Taylor fight live on the Mosley-DLH I undercard. I think he fought Charles Whitaker.
                  how did Shannon go in that Whittaker fight ?.... I saw him a couple of times, one guy he fought was obliterated quickly, Taylor was a killer that night, not literally of course but there was no mercy.

Comment

Good to hear he's pulling out of it. I hope he never attempts a comeback after this.

Comment

Working...
                    X