Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No sh it Sherlock. San Francisco sues Nevada for sending their mentally ill.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sh it Sherlock. San Francisco sues Nevada for sending their mentally ill.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The state of Nevada and its primary psychiatric hospital “intentionally and wrongfully” foisted the cost of caring for indigent mentally ill people onto California cities and counties by issuing patients bus tickets out of town without making proper arrangements for their care, a lawsuit filed Tuesday in San Francisco charges.

San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera filed the class-action lawsuit against Nevada, Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital in Las Vegas and state mental-health administrators, seeking reimbursement for the care of indigent patients he said the system “dumped” onto California in an effort to save money.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...y-bus-tickets/

Was discussing this with man down and felt it was worthy enough for a new thread since many anti California fanatics here think it’s California’s fault for having so many homeless and bums.

In another article.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/investig...le2577189.html

Over the past five years, Nevada's primary state psychiatric hospital has put hundreds of mentally ill patients on Greyhound buses and sent them to cities and towns across America.

Since July 2008, Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital in Las Vegas has transported more than 1,500 patients to other cities via Greyhound bus, sending at least one person to every state in the continental United States, according to a Bee review of bus receipts kept by Nevada's mental health division.

About a third of those patients were dispatched to California, including more than 200 to Los Angeles County, about 70 to San Diego County and 19 to the city of Sacramento.

I’m not picking on Nevada but when googling the issue Nevada comes up first and repeatedly.

I’m certain other states do the same. I beat sf and other cAli cities retaliate and send them back or elsewhere.

Since it’s hard for some people here to grasp the point of my threads I’ll lay it out, it’s not entirely California’s fault the it has high homelessness. shipped in like I stated in my other threads. Or they come voluntarily.

Nevada gets hit with a jury award of 250,000 for each mentally ill person they shipped out of state.( a third of which got sent to Cali)

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Nevada jury put the state and a former mental hospital administrator on the hook Thursday for class-action damages that could range from about $9 million to more than $22 million for putting patients on buses in Las Vegas for one-way trips to cities around the country.

An eight-woman jury deliberated less than three hours after a two-week trial before deciding unanimously that every Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital patient who was given a Greyhound bus ticket to another city and no other arrangements for care after June 2011 should receive $250,000.

https://apnews.com/41169f5d54eb44b7b8728e723549468b

Comment

many anti California fanatics here think it’s California’s fault for having so many homeless and bums.
      So, you're blaming California's homeless problem on Nevada? Cute.
      Cali is a dump because it's overpopulated, broke, and short on resources.

I'm not saying you shouldn't love you state. There's plenty of wonderful things in Cali. But, the homeless problem isn't Nevada's fault. That's laughable.
      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 05-23-2019, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Says 371 people. Cali has a homeless epidemic of 134,000 people as of 2017 (Cali contains 1/4 of the homeless in the US). That's not even close to 1%. Rounded off it's 0%

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Says 371 people. Cali has a homeless epidemic of 134,000 people as of 2017 (Cali contains 1/4 of the homeless in the US). That's not even close to 1%. Rounded off it's 0%
          Homeless Crisis Linked to Lack of Affordable Housing

https://monarchhousing.org/2018/06/2...on-west-coast/

I think this article probably more accurately reflects the problem. I would think that most homeless people stay close to where they lived before becoming homeless. That's what the majority of us do anyway. Good article and yes, I agree, Redd.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            Homeless Crisis Linked to Lack of Affordable Housing

https://monarchhousing.org/2018/06/2...on-west-coast/

I think this article probably more accurately reflects the problem. I would think that most homeless people stay close to where they lived before becoming homeless. That's what the majority of us do anyway. Good article and yes, I agree, Redd.
            Didn't get a chance to read it yet but yes, that's a definite contributor, stemming from overpopulation. Supply and demand has made adorable housing scarce.
            I also agree about the homeless populations not being as transitory as people tend to think. I found this;
            The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority found that only 7% of people who are homeless arrived in the county less than a year ago.

Comment

Why shouldn't they send them there? That's where the highest salaries and disposable income is at.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Osteen View Post
                Why shouldn't they send them there? That's where the highest salaries and disposable income is at.
                Lmfao!!!

Well played, sir. Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                  SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The state of Nevada and its primary psychiatric hospital “intentionally and wrongfully” foisted the cost of caring for indigent mentally ill people onto California cities and counties by issuing patients bus tickets out of town without making proper arrangements for their care, a lawsuit filed Tuesday in San Francisco charges.

San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera filed the class-action lawsuit against Nevada, Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital in Las Vegas and state mental-health administrators, seeking reimbursement for the care of indigent patients he said the system “dumped” onto California in an effort to save money.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...y-bus-tickets/

Was discussing this with “man down” uand felt it was worthy enough for a new thread since many anti California fanatics here think it’s California’s fault for having so many homeless and bums.

In another article.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/investig...le2577189.html

Over the past five years, Nevada's primary state psychiatric hospital has put hundreds of mentally ill patients on Greyhound buses and sent them to cities and towns across America.

Since July 2008, Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital in Las Vegas has transported more than 1,500 patients to other cities via Greyhound bus, sending at least one person to every state in the continental United States, according to a Bee review of bus receipts kept by Nevada's mental health division.

About a third of those patients were dispatched to California, including more than 200 to Los Angeles County, about 70 to San Diego County and 19 to the city of Sacramento.

I’m not picking on Nevada but when googling the issue Nevada comes up first and repeatedly.

I’m certain other states do the same. I beat sf and other cAli cities retaliate and send them back or elsewhere.

Since it’s hard for some people here to grasp the point of my threads I’ll lay it out, it’s not entirely California’s fault the it has high homelessness. shipped in like I stated in my other threads. Or they come voluntarily.
                  I was in Santa Clara county jail, for laying hands on a tool, so was the tool, witnesses said he sucker punched me after yelling some anti Jew comment.. no worries, my wife hits way harder, so I mopped up the floor with the fool. Cops took us both in. I got cat scratches, and he’s got lumps. My wife would have beat us both.

But..
                  While we chilled, and cooled down.... I saw the police process homeless guys who told e they were headed to San Francisco, a place I learned was “A drop off point for bay area homeless & mental people. Santa Clara county, San Mateo county, etc. in da Bay Area without “da grip”, you ain’t equipped to put down roots.. you ain’t chit.

When I was a lil boss clocking my chump change, I saw San Mateo PD ride up on a homie-less dudea cuff him up for ???? playing his guitar outta tune as he was panhandling? The Bay Area is not friendly to pidgeons and panhandlers.
                  Last edited by Zaroku; 05-23-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    So, you're blaming California's homeless problem on Nevada? Cute.
                    Cali is a dump because it's overpopulated, broke, and short on resources.

I'm not saying you shouldn't love you state. There's plenty of wonderful things in Cali. But, the homeless problem isn't Nevada's fault. That's laughable.
                    They’re “broke?” Funny, I read that the state is flush full of cash due to record tax revenues.

Comment

Working...
                    X