No announcement yet.

Beginner Boxing Classes That Last 1 Hour

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Boxing Classes That Last 1 Hour

is it normal for beginner boxing "classes" to last only an hour?

I'm in my mid twenties and want to learn boxing techniques to spar some amateurs. No intentions of competing right now.

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    is it normal for beginner boxing "classes" to last only an hour?

I'm in my mid twenties and want to learn boxing techniques to spar some amateurs. No intentions of competing right now.
    Yeah i would say thats the norm for a group class. As u already know boxings an individual sport so u gain most technique from individual training anyway. Most classes show very basic technique & are more of a warmup to most or a cardio workout to some. Typically after u have a class a coach should walk around & observe u guys training individually & help out a lil but $ talks so im sure if u waved the ca$h theyd have no problem training beyond classes. Also just a word of advice, arrive early b4 class & jump rope, coaches like that, theyll take u a lil more serious & give u a lil more time than an hour. Good luck!

Comment

Yes, it is. Unfortunately the demographic in beginner classes can be a mix of people looking for fitness and some looking for technique. So most gyms will try to cater toward that. But, you cannot develop good technique without fitness. Now that, by no means, means you need to be in incredible shape. It just means you have to be able to stick around long enough to go through the same motions over and over and over. The body is a crazy thing, and the more you force it through different planes of motion, the more your body will adjust by developing bigger, smoother and quicker pathways for your brain to send signals to those muscles. The only way to develop efficient neuromuscular functionality in boxing is by a rigorous amount of repetitions, and if your body isn't conditioned in those dynamics, it will take a very long time to be a competent boxer.

Comment

Appreciate all the responses.

Found out the beginner boxes are still welcome to train after class is formally over.

Comment

Working...
        X