No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa Barely Defeats Alexis Reyes in Cancun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa Barely Defeats Alexis Reyes in Cancun

Former world champion Yuriorkis Gamboa (27-2, 17 KOs) was lucky to walk away with a win, when he boxed his way to razor thin ten round majority decision over Alexis Reyes (15-3-1, 7 KOs) in a lightweight contest from the Grand Oasis Hotel in Cancun, Mexico.

[Click Here To Read More]

Didn't watch the fight but sounds like Gamboa's career is just about finished.

Comment

Damn, it seems like just yesterday, Gamboa was knockin mothaphuckers out.

I remember the big hype - Gamboa vs. Juan Ma. Too bad it never happened.

Comment

Well that's not good.

Comment

Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
          Damn, it seems like just yesterday, Gamboa was knockin mothaphuckers out.

I remember the big hype - Gamboa vs. Juan Ma. Too bad it never happened.
          I remember that too then Salido came along, Top Rank waited too long trying to build it up.

Comment

Maybe now is a good time for JuanMa vs. Gamboa? Both shot and well past their prime.

It could be a competitive fight now.

Comment

Damn. If you didn't think Gamboa was done at the world class level before this fight you might be thinking that now. Shame his career got wasted via bad business decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                I remember that too then Salido came along, Top Rank waited too long trying to build it up.
                Time flies like a mothaphucker, broder! Yeah, i remember how Gamboa was supposed to be next after Salido. I got on this site tand read that Salido won. My jaw dropped. I think Berto vs. Ortiz was the same night(?) Salido and Ortiz were the underdogs, too.

Comment

He's not a lightweight, he's a big (to be kind) featherweight. Undisciplined, counting on his skill and skimping on the hardships. Like desert.

Comment

Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
                    Time flies like a mothaphucker, broder! Yeah, i remember how Gamboa was supposed to be next after Salido. I got on this site tand read that Salido won. My jaw dropped. I think Berto vs. Ortiz was the same night(?) Salido and Ortiz were the underdogs, too.
                    It does go by fast, there were so many debates about it on here it was the big fight at feather with Chris John in the mix still. Ortiz was labeled a weak minded quitter at the time but fought the best he ever had that night. it was a very entertaining fight I thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X