Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    When they said they were low balled and the manager went on the rant I thought they offered Ortiz something like 1M on 6 weeks notice

5M is not too far off if you want to negotiate up to 6 or 7 I understand but that's a real offer to make the fight
    Same. I posted on here yesterday that if it was in the millions then it was credible at least.

Was shocked to hear that the "lowball" offer was $5M!

I don't need any more evidence of a coordinated effort to discredit Joshua through this lowball stuff.

We've got one guy in the division trying to make fights. Every boxing fan should be behind him.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
      There you have it

There’s no other way to describe it, that is a duck.

That is not a lowball offer considering Ortiz stock has plummeted since being knocked out by Wilder
      What people don't realize is Hearn didn't offer Miller 6.5 million that was DAZN to get that fight done. Hearn offering 5 million is about double what Hearn actually offered Miller himself. Ha

Comment

• Hearn isn't an idiot ,he knew they weren't going to take the fight ,its called go lower when the other party is going to play out of the ballpark range. Basically put an end to the nonsense before it started. 10 million ? Yea that's a duck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          So every fighter should ask for ridiculous money beyond their market price because they could die in the ring?

Yeah, that won't work. Boxing would collapse after having to overpay everyone. No profit would be made. Use your head and stop trying to justify all the cowards asking for stupid money.

I hope you keep the same energy if an overseas fighter asks this of American fighters. We'll see you change your tune real fast and contradict yourself.
          If fat Miller can get 6.5 , I think Ortiz is worth the same rate or alittle bit more. Not 10mil.

My case is you never know until you ask. I got better starting salaries by just asking. You never know, plus that's neogating he knows he will not get 10mil but he may get a sneaky 7 mil dollar counter offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
            If fat Miller can get 6.5 , I think Ortiz is worth the same rate or alittle bit more. Not 10mil.

My case is you never know until you ask. I got better starting salaries by just asking. You never know, plus that's neogating he knows he will not get 10mil but he may get a sneaky 7 mil dollar counter offer.
            These folks are more interested in talking sh it than using common sense. The counter offer will be higher than $5M. Thats the point of a big initial ask and a denial of lower offers. There was $6.5M dollars DAZN and Matchroom expected to go elsewhere. No reason why Ortiz can't get that.

Comment

• I bet Ortiz will fight 5 fights and barley touch 2 Mil, horrible move.

Comment

• 5m is already a lot for ortiz... how much did he get vs wilder ? these guys want to fight cash cows and get paid like one, you want to earn like a cash cow then take the fight and beat him, then you can get bigger paydays...
                i would have rooted for ortiz, but after this, **** him...

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  lemme seeee... an undefeated trash talking american from new york or a cuban who doesn't speak english, was recently KTFO and last seen on erislandy lara's undercard fighting for 200k.

Jee that's a tough one
                  This is a pretty good recap. Ortiz should have taken the 5M - I'd guess he's playing hardball in negotiations and hopes it works for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                    5m is already a lot for ortiz... how much did he get vs wilder ? these guys want to fight cash cows and get paid like one, you want to earn like a cash cow then take the fight and beat him, then you can get bigger paydays...
                    i would have rooted for ortiz, but after this, **** him...
                    Correct, too many think they can earn big without taking risks.

Take your chance, win and then get the big bucks.

Comment

• Apparently team Ortiz were lying and Hearn offered Ortiz even more than $5m and all will be revealed next week, with proof...

The plot thickens, but the end result will be the same. Ortiz ducked.

Comment

Working...
                      X