Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of my ATG P4P List??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of my ATG P4P List??

Give me your thoughts...........

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
    2. Muhammad Ali
    3. Henry Armstrong
    4. Joe Louis
    5. Willie Pep
    6. Sugar Ray Leonard
    7. Roberto Duran
    8. Benny Leonard
    9. Harry Greb
    10. Archie Moore

It's a very good list..

I'd be inclined to take out Ray Leonard in favour of Joe Gans.. I feel there was too much inactivity and not enough fights on Ray's resume to warrant a top 10 spot.. Other than that, they're the names i'd use, but in a slightly different order and with the inclusion of Sam Langford, but the agony is: Who do i move to make room for him?.. Regretably, it'd probably be Benny Leonard, because like yourself, i've always rated him a knats **** below Duran.. Benny also spent his whole career at lightweight, where as Gans and Duran also performed well in higher weight divisions..

Henry Armstrong
    Ray Robinson
    Harry Greb
    Joe Louis
    Muhammad Ali
    Joe Gans
    Willie Pep
    Sam Langford
    Roberto Duran
    Archie Moore

With Benny Leonard & Jimmy Wilde, jollying for the no11 spot..

Comment

Quite laughable that Louis is placed so high up on these lists.Louis wasn't even the greatest heavyweight of all time and he wasn't a greater fighter than Ezzard Charles either.

Duran the quitter doesn't deserve to be on such a list either.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        It's a very good list..

I'd be inclined to take out Ray Leonard in favour of Joe Gans.. I feel there was too much inactivity and not enough fights on Ray's resume to warrant a top 10 spot.. Other than that, they're the names i'd use, but in a slightly different order and with the inclusion of Sam Langford, but the agony is: Who do i move to make room for him?.. Regretably, it'd probably be Benny Leonard, because like yourself, i've always rated him a knats **** below Duran.. Benny also spent his whole career at lightweight, where as Gans and Duran also performed well in higher weight divisions..

Henry Armstrong
        Ray Robinson
        Harry Greb
        Joe Louis
        Muhammad Ali
        Joe Gans
        Willie Pep
        Sam Langford
        Roberto Duran
        Archie Moore

With Benny Leonard & Jimmy Wilde, jollying for the no11 spot..
        interesting that you have armstrong ahead of ray robinson, even though robinson beat armstrong, albeit towards the end of his career.......but if Armstrong wasn't robbed for that middleweight title he would definetly have a stronger case

Comment

Originally posted by donkim View Post
          Quite laughable that Louis is placed so high up on these lists.Louis wasn't even the greatest heavyweight of all time and he wasn't a greater fighter than Ezzard Charles either.

Duran the quitter doesn't deserve to be on such a list either.
          lol dude....why the hate for 2 great fighters??? Duran quit at a much higher weight than he was accustomed to.....take into account that Duran was a lightweight who had the balls to face some of the greatest welterweights and middleweights of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Abbey Road View Post
            lol dude....why the hate for 2 great fighters??? Duran quit at a much higher weight than he was accustomed to.....take into account that Duran was a lightweight who had the balls to face some of the greatest welterweights and middleweights of all time
            ignore that guy,hes a ******ed troll who scurries around picking fights with people to try and compensate for his lack of boxing knowledge

Comment

interesting that you have armstrong ahead of ray robinson, even though robinson beat armstrong, albeit towards the end of his career.......but if Armstrong wasn't robbed for that middleweight title he would definetly have a stronger case
              I've got Armstrong at the very top, partly because of what you mentioned.. Had Armstrong been given the nod, instead of the debatable draw with Ceferino Garcia, he'd have won 4 undisputed titles from a total of 8 weight divisions, meaning, he'd have won 50% of everything there is in pro boxing..
              Ironically, Armstrong had already beaten Garcia at welterweight..

And yes, Robinson does hold a DC victory over a past prime Armstrong..
              Ray had been beaten only once in 45 starts at the time, and was a lot bigger than Hank, who'd won his 1st title at featherweight many years earlier..

Comment

We have been asking that question for damn near 6 months now.....

Comment

01 - Harry Greb
                  02 - SamLangford
                  03 - Sugar Ray Robinson
                  04 - Henry Armstrong
                  05 - Ezzard Charles
                  06 - Muhammad Ali
                  07 - Bob Fitzsimmons
                  08 - Willie Pep
                  09 - Archie Moore
                  10 - Benny Leonard

Comment

Give me your thoughts...........

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
                    2. Muhammad Ali
                    3. Henry Armstrong
                    4. Joe Louis
                    5. Willie Pep
                    6. Sugar Ray Leonard
                    7. Roberto Duran
                    8. Benny Leonard
                    9. Harry Greb
                    10. Archie Moore

Looks good to me, I might have moved Louis up one and I also could understand arguments for moving Duran up but you have it good enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X