Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How popular is Pacman in the Phillipines?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How popular is Pacman in the Phillipines?

Pacman is P4P one of the greatest fighters in the world. And he is one of my favorite fighters. I am just curious to know, how popular is he in the Phillipines? Is he as big there as Ali was in the USA.....basically a walking,living legend, almost god-like status?. Just curious to know because watching Pacman fight has got me interested in the Fillipino culture.
    Last edited by Mr. Violence; 12-06-2004, 03:44 PM.

Politicians line up to have his picture taken with him. He walks around with 6 bodyguards. He is as big of a superstar in the Phillippines as Ali was in the USA if not bigger. He is a close friend of the president and her family. He is BIG lol.

Comment

Originally posted by m00ks
      Politicians line up to have his picture taken with him. He walks around with 6 bodyguards. He is as big of a superstar in the Phillippines as Ali was in the USA if not bigger. He is a close friend of the president and her family. He is BIG lol.
      does he get stuff free?
      if so
      why didnt someone give him a good pair of socks
      lol

Comment

well, the last time i was there he just suffered his 2nd loss to 3k battery (1999, i think). he was already popular to fight fans. having beat barrera, i think crossed over to the mainstream philippine pop culture. if he ever records an album there, i'm pretty sure it's gonna go platinum, regardless whether he sould sing or not

Comment

Did he already lose to the guy he is fighting this weekend?

Or is this a situation where every fighter has the nickname "3K battery"?

Anyway, before the JMM fight, they did a little special on him, and it seemed like he was huge.

Comment

Originally posted by abdiel2k3
            does he get stuff free?
            if so
            why didnt someone give him a good pair of socks
            lol

No Bro he doesn't . . . even the president of the country doesn't get any free stuff now a days . . . but he do gets a lot of endorsement offers.

As to the socks somebody did! He is now going to wear a custom made sock just to promote the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by tri4ben2
              Did he already lose to the guy he is fighting this weekend?

Or is this a situation where every fighter has the nickname "3K battery"?

Anyway, before the JMM fight, they did a little special on him, and it seemed like he was huge.

No Bro . . . 3K is just the main sponsor for the boxing stable that FASHAN is under. So there are a lot of 3K fighters he haven't fought this guy yet.

Comment

Pacman is not just popular, he is looked up to by many , especially those who come from humble beginnings as the Great Hope.

Everyone is excited about seeing him in action this weekend against Fahsan. Who would like to make straight bets with me? I have loads of cash to bet on. Pacman vs 3K, just win or lose , doesnt matter how

Comment

He must get all kinds of philipino puzzy damn imagine being that big in a small country damn all the things u want.

Comment

nah. hey are mexicans like that?
                    pacman is as conservative as your grea-great gand papa can ever be amigo.
                    You obviously don't know anything about our country micho so watch your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                    X