No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Hatton

I didn't much about Ricky till about 3 days ago when I ddl some of his fights. Funny experience. The kid has somewhat of a potential, good technique but the fact that he only fights in England tells me he don't have the hunger, will and heart. I found it funny how they comentators are in awe of this guy and said the he just defeated "the man who beat the man" refering to a 39 year old Phillips, even overhyping his win against old man Vinny. Also the crowd shouting "Come on Ricky" was amusing and how even before the scorecards are being read he puts on his little cap and goes and see mom and dad. Lol I can see why he doesn't want to fight anywhere else. He's got it made there.

Hahaha..that's the english for ya...they're sporting mad but without their fair share of champions. So when someone remotely good at their sport comes up they hype him/her into the stratosphere. Hatton is good but he needs to go to the US and fight a name opponent that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay
      Hahaha..that's the english for ya...they're sporting mad but without their fair share of champions. So when someone remotely good at their sport comes up they hype him/her into the stratosphere. Hatton is good but he needs to go to the US and fight a name opponent that's all.
      Sham if he doesn't. I see power and technique but I don't think he'd win as convingcingly against p4p fighters ala Cotto Tszyu Mayweather Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by m00ks
        Sham if he doesn't. I see power and technique but I don't think he'd win as convingcingly against p4p fighters ala Cotto Tszyu Mayweather Gatti.
        Yeah, he definitely needs to start fighting this kind of quality on a regular basis to advance any further. He's not really getting tested at the minute as he's reached a level where he is beating guys like Tackie too easily.
        Last edited by Cletus Funk; 11-18-2004, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Hehe, yup - thats English sport for you. Their commentators will praise him till the cows come home, and while he's sitting pretty over there why should he move? Hehe, he probably likes easy money, as opposed to fighting quality fighters and getting KTFO.

Comment

Hatton actually fought in the USA about 5 years ago, at least he isn't afraid of flying. As for the commentators, that would probably have been Ian Darke and Jim Watt, they think the sunshines out of Hatton's backside. I think you will find in the next 6-8 months if a big name fighter does'nt want to come too the UK, then Ricky will travel. Don't disrespect Hatton yet, he's still a young fighter and although he fought a second rate opponent in Mike Stewart, he did to him in 5 rounds what Sharmba Mitchell couldn't do in 12.

Comment

Yeah, next year will be the make or break year for Ricky. I think Frank Warren is more to blame than Hatton is in regards to flying outside of the UK. I think Hatton wants to fight the best but Warren never wanted to put his charge at risk. They were both making so much money for fighting no-marks in Manchester... We'll find out what Hatton's really got next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadbri
                Hatton actually fought in the USA about 5 years ago, at least he isn't afraid of flying. As for the commentators, that would probably have been Ian Darke and Jim Watt, they think the sunshines out of Hatton's backside. I think you will find in the next 6-8 months if a big name fighter does'nt want to come too the UK, then Ricky will travel. Don't disrespect Hatton yet, he's still a young fighter and although he fought a second rate opponent in Mike Stewart, he did to him in 5 rounds what Sharmba Mitchell couldn't do in 12.
                Mitchell isn't as agressive or imposing as Hatton. He is a boxer by nature and therefore isn't expected to get a fast KO against anybody. The kid looks ok it's just that he's being fed to many patsy opponents and that would be his downfall against p4p opponents. He wouldn't know what to do when the battle is harder to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Invader_Stu
                  Hehe, yup - thats English sport for you. Their commentators will praise him till the cows come home, and while he's sitting pretty over there why should he move? Hehe, he probably likes easy money, as opposed to fighting quality fighters and getting KTFO.
                  WTF!? the english commentator slate him, the English press give all the sport stars hell!! I was watching Showtime covering a Hatton fight after watching Sky tv covering it and The Showtime commentator praising him twice a much as Sky tv were!

Why fight for big money at home when you can travel across the world and fight for nothing!!?? Yeah that makes sense!!

Originally posted by Deejay
                  The rings in the US are exactly the same as the UK!! Why would it make him better for fighting in the US?

Without the fair share of champions!? have you ever seen how small the UK is?? the ratio of champions per person is brilliant.
                  Last edited by elveiel; 11-19-2004, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
                    WTF!? the english commentator slate him, the English press give all the sport stars hell!! I was watching Showtime covering a Hatton fight after watching Sky tv covering it and The Showtime commentator praising him twice a much as Sky tv were!

Why fight for big money at home when you can travel across the world and fight for nothing!!?? Yeah that makes sense!!

The rings in the US are exactly the same as the UK!! Why would it make him better for fighting in the US?

Without the fair share of champions!? have you ever seen how small the UK is?? the ratio of champions per person is brilliant.
                    I definitely agree that it doesn't matter where Hatton fights as long as it's against the top guys...why don't some of these American boys prove they can travel? If the Kosta fight ever comes off the best place for that would probably be London with the high number of Aussies living there, but everyone's saying he should travel to the US for that. I don't recall Barry McGuigan getting all this **** and he only fought outside of Britain twice and outside of Northern Ireland on a handfull of occasions.

Comment

Working...
                    X