Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think good reflexes and speed of thought is something you're born with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think good reflexes and speed of thought is something you're born with?

I really do think it is. I am not very sharp when it comes to anticipating and slipping punches..I think it can be developed but not learnt completely..u either have it or you dont, thats what separates the naturals from the rest of us.

does anyone have any experience of really developing their reflexes and speed of thought from almost zero to a good level?

i really can't say, my only good attribute is speed, and i've gotten faster.

Same with my power, my power is border-line average, but now, i pack some decent pop. I guess at some extent you can gain certain strengths, but not at the fullest potential unless your born with it, but thats just me.

Comment

I would say you have to have good reflexes and speed anyway just to develop it further. I think you can develop them anyway even if you have not been born naturaly with them, just takes much more training and is harder to learn/develop as far as other people who it seems to come naturaly to.

Comment

keep training slipping with good form and leave the rest to your bodies memory

might take awhile tho, too bad they dont have some punching machine you can use at home

Comment

i think you can definetely improve both
          i definetely have

speed can be best improved through things like this article i found on ross boxing : http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym25.htm

and i improved my reflexes vastly after reading this article:
          http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/juggleyourway.html

i think the second one will suprise you lol

Comment

you can improve both, but for the most part either you have it or you dont.. (that being said you can only improve so much)

Comment

No. I know from my own experiences. You can be born with it yes but anybody can develop "spidey sense" like that. You just need to train properly. A Mayweather-style mitt routine doesn't hurt either, I guess. Speed can be developed too. Punch with 2-3 pound weights work hard when you do that.

Comment

It is, but so is speed power and strenght. You can only know what natural talents YOU possess when you take it to the limit! I knew I had power when I started, but I was so unfit I did not know I had electrifying speed and reactions until I got use to the training. If you are unfit, you won't be able to maximsie your potential. Whatever abilities you do have, you can adapt your style to make the most of them. Most importantly, I would advise trying your best.

Comment

Sometimes it suddenly comes out when you're in a pinch.

Comment

yeah it is mostly natural stuff, some guys really struggle with slipping and avoiding punches but the smaller guys usually, find it 10x easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X