No announcement yet.

R.I.P Chucho Castillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P Chucho Castillo

A bit late, he passed on the 15th in Mexico City due too complications from surgery.
    He was a big name in one of the strongest Bantam eras ever, the first man too beat Ruben Olivares whom he fought in a trilogy of which were all pretty even and great fights, I'd recommend watching his fight with the brilliant Rafael Herrera for a great back and forth fight showing the skills of 2 under appreciated technicians. A great man who lived a quiet life, thoughts are with his family.
    Last edited by NChristo; 01-23-2013, 11:15 PM.

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    A bit late, he passed on the 15th in Mexico City due too complications from surgery.
    He was a big name in one of the strongest Bantam eras ever, the first man too beat Ruben Olivares whom he fought in a trilogy of which were all pretty even and great fights, I'd recommend watching his fight with the brilliant Rafael Herrera for a great back and forth fight showing the skills of 2 under appreciated technicians. A great man who lived a quiet life, thoughts are with his family.
    I saw Castillo fight many times on TV and at least twice at ringside. That was definitely the Golden Era of bantamweights. He fought hard for every minute of every fight.

Good shoutout to Herrera, who was SO much better than his record makes him appear.

Comment

rest in peace

Comment

Rest in Peace Champ!

Comment

Working...
        X