No announcement yet.

Eubank Jr's power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rampant View Post
    He needs to let some combos go, he is throwing single punches and you can hear the pop when they land so they are throwing correctly and accurately.

I get the feeling he is actually feeling it all out, I think he's going to be world class, he looks so comfortable and at ease in the ring, a natural. Power will also increase as he grows.
    yeah agreed!
    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 12-05-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

He was hitting Pryce with multiple clean punches (i'm talking double figures) in every round and they had no affect whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        I actually dont mind it at this stage in his career, he has good reflexes and with some fine tuning will be hard to hit i think. His lack of amateur experience is probably showing there, it will take time to learn the tricks of the trade.

Hopefully he can keep developing and go places, if nothing else because i want Channel 5's investment to pay off. Would be amazing if a terrestrial channel fully committed to boxing!
        I agree and I think Eubank Jr could be the man to do it, If he's gives us half the entertainment Snr did that would be amazing.

Eubank Jnr / Tyson Fury are the men that will get British boxing back up there and hopefully increase the boxing fanbase.

Infact Hennessey may well come up trumps here! Kid Galahad aswell.

Comment

One thing I don't like about him is the fact he acts way to much like his dad. The way he leaves his hands down and looks at opponnents. He doesnt have the reflexes of his dad so when he does fight a fast fighter he will be caught and dropped. He should find his own style and not try and be a worse copy of his dad.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
            One thing I don't like about him is the fact he acts way to much like his dad. The way he leaves his hands down and looks at opponnents. He doesnt have the reflexes of his dad so when he does fight a fast fighter he will be caught and dropped. He should find his own style and not try and be a worse copy of his dad.
            His defence is almost non existent, he gets hit a lot with counters luckily he has his dads chin.

Comment

I quite like the way he acts like Snr, I think he pull its off and looks pretty good almost identical, he's watched his dad since he was a toddler it's built in, cant see it changing, It'll help to attract more fans, that want him to get beat because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                His defence is almost non existent, he gets hit a lot with counters luckily he has his dads chin.
                What have you seen that tells you that...

His defence is definitely his weakest aspect, he drops his hands and pulls his head back trying to dodge a punch and gets caught. I'd like to see him fight a lot more orthodox, hands up and behind the jab.

Comment

Working...
                X