No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Staff Predictions: Antonio DeMarco vs. Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Staff Predictions: Antonio DeMarco vs. Adrien Broner

If the following predictions are any indication, then Antonio DeMarco truly has a ‘Problem’ on his hands Saturday evening. The lightweight titlist defends his belt against unbeaten Adrien Broner, who was forced into moving up in weight after outgrowing the super featherweight division.

Broner (24-0, 20KO) fights for the sixth straight time on HBO, as the 23-year old is widely viewed as high among the sport’s brightest young stars.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I honestly do not see how anyone is picking Demarco

Comment

Why should they pick Broner, because he beat Chente Escobedo or Eloy Perez? Is Broner's resume any good? No. The hype stops tonight.

Comment

I see everyone's point here but I would definitely put $50-100 on DeMarco -just for the possible, slightly contraversial decision

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
          I honestly do not see how anyone is picking Demarco
          I know. The one idiot thinks that DeMarco will get 2 KD's lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
            Why should they pick Broner, because he beat Chente Escobedo or Eloy Perez? Is Broner's resume any good? No. The hype stops tonight.
            I don't think its so much based on who he has beat, but more how he looked in his most recent fights. He beat Eloy and Esco in dominating fashion and looked very good in my opinion, even though the competition was not the highest level, they were good fighters.

And also, the style matchup. I think guys that put on pressure and throw a good volume can be effective against Broner, not so much guys like Demarco who throws mostly 1-2's with average speed.

That said, Tony will give Broner a tough fight. He is not going to get down on himself and just try to survive, he will continue to try to land big straight lefts and come at Broner. I think he will likely finish on his feet but take a beating.

Comment

Broner won 10-1. I was expecting it to be a closer vote. Interesting.

Comment

Ahh the critics..on any given night folks..all it takes is one punch, one clash of the heads, one low blow to turn a fight. It is not insane for ppl to pick the underdog...underdogs are what makes this sport interesting. When they pull of an upset it's enjoyable to witness. How many of ya'll picked Lopez to dismantle ortiz? I'll be the heel and take Demarco...simply because I don't base my opinions based on win loss records like some do. The Broner kid has a ton of talent not sure how he'd handle the adversity of his game plan possibly not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                  You fought everyone man.

I was checking out your record again.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...6718&cat=boxer

Comment

Picking Demarco.

Comment

Working...
                    X