Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Clips Nishioka For a Ninth Round TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nishioka was coming off a year of inactivity, and a win off Marquez. I can't give Donaire that much credit. I'm not sure how Nishioka was still considered #1 being so inactive. All of Donaire's opponents have been so bad since Montiel, the momentum he had he's lost, and if he fights Arce next. I'll probably skip out on watching that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Troav View Post
      Nishioka was coming off a year of inactivity, and a win off Marquez. I can't give Donaire that much credit. I'm not sure how Nishioka was still considered #1 being so inactive. All of Donaire's opponents have been so bad since Montiel, the momentum he had he's lost, and if he fights Arce next. I'll probably skip out on watching that.
      I didn't know that, and on top of that they said Nishioka was what 36? Father time definitely kicked in, but he didn't wanna fight anyway, just wanted to get paid..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolph Spicer View Post
        Let me ask you this: Where would u rank rigondeaux in the division after the outcome of mares/moreno?

Right now you'd be hard-pressed to rank him ahead of donaire after this nishioka win. Pretty self-explanatory, nishioka is far above anyone rigo has fought in the division.

Mares and moreno are also upper tier fighters, and whoever wins that fight would have a strong claim for the #2 spot, based on resume.

Other than "eye tests" and hyping his "potential" due to his vaunted amateur background, I don't see how there's a credible argument for him being the best at 122. He hasn't beaten anybody of note to claim as such.
        Mares and Moreno haven't accomplished anything at 122, but I'm sure most will say that they are #2 behind Donaire because of their name-value alone. When ranking is treated like a popularity contest, then the "names" will be at the top, regardless if they've proved anything at the weight yet. Rigo has fought numerous times at SBW, why should the respective resumes of Mares/Moreno trump Rigo's campaign at 122? Moreno/Mares are two of the best at 118. Both wanted Donaire, so it only makes sense to fight at 122, right? All Mares did was fight Morel (at a catch-weight mind you), and he was automatically pushed up the SBW rankings.

That being said, it depends on who Rigo fights next. Rigo holds on to #2 if he fights Terrazas/Ndlovu/winner of Quigg/Munroe and ties for #2 if he fights Darchinyan/Frampton. Some will make the argument that he should on to #2 regardless if he fights, and some will argue otherwise.

WBC (the belt that Mares/Moreno are fighting for) isn't allowing unifications and both guys are GBP. As much as Donaire would prefer to not fight Rigo, he's being pushed in his direction.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 10-14-2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Nishioka found out like everyone else that Donaire has true power in both hands...along with boxing skills. That is why he didn't open up. Age and inactivity didn't affect Nishioka like I thought it might. Donaires movement threw Nishioka off because Nishioka is used to you sitting right in front of him. Nishioka had true power but he couldn't set his feet because of Donaires side to side movement. Perfect game plan for Donaire until Donaire hurt his hand.

Comment

• Donaire is unmatchable to any current 122.
            His only obstacle henceforth is his brittle hand..

Comment

• Stop ducking Rigondeaux!

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                lol damn, I definitely was wrong about Nishioka tonight. He didn't show up.
                That makes two of us.

I didn't pick a winner, but the fight definitely did not go anything like I thought it would. Props to Donaire's continued winning ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                  Nothing that I know of, Rigo too small anyway at 5'4 5'5, Donaire should move up to his natural weight now 126
                  and then u haters will say that nonito ducked mares and moreno?? lol..u guys are hopeless...wy cant u just congratulate the guy for doing his job well?? lol haters

Comment

• Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
                    Hell, no one outside this forum knows anybody at super batamweight. Does Mathebula seem like some sort of superstar to you?
                    wh has rigo fought??? please answer...montiel beats all the boxers that rigo fought...true story..

Comment

• Originally posted by periks19 View Post
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeau...most-up--54891

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-success-story

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/2...rmo-Rigondeaux

Read those links and get that donaire nutsack of your ears. and then say if hes not regarded by some the best amateur boxer of all time. Keep drinking that donaire coolaid. I see a similar Juanma story with donaire. Juanma was ko guys left and right with amazing power until he fought with a guy that actually wanted to fight him and the rest is history. So far the opponents have been all weak opponents. Answer my question was mathebula a champion when donaire fought him? I mean is ok if he wasn't but donaire said he only fights guys that prove themselves what did mathebula proved????
                      please tell me if any of that boxers that rigo fought can beat montiel...hater!! lol...

Comment

Working...
                      X