No announcement yet.

What's up with the Pirog love?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    He is fighting Geale next, hopefully on Showtime.

You also have to realize Pirog tried to get big fights on HBO and Showtime after Jacobs but couldn't land anything, thus why he's fought in Russia, it's not his fault.
    I've heard that and let's hope it becomes official. The winner would certainly bolster his claim to a shot at Martinesz.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      He has not done much of anything to garner the rating he gets on this forum, all he did was beat another untested prospect like himself and 18 Russian turnip farmers.
      I agree....I know I talk trash about the guy, he is probably a swell dude for all i know. The thing that urks me is that people are like "Martinez is ducking the guy", "Martinez fights these other bums but not Pirog"

I mean...REALLY? Both Barker and Dzinziruk had much better, established records than Pirog does. He hasn't even fought 20 fights in his entire pro career while these other guys that Martinez is allegedly "ducking" Pirog for have over 30 plus wins and are either undefeated, title-holders or both. Let Pirog get some more good wins under his belt, he has just ONE...just ONE win over a decent prospect.

If he beats one of these other guys that I see mentioned in here, Geale, Golovkin, etc. then maybe something can happen. It's like Martinez is a bum for not giving Pirog an "opportunity" when he had to fight and crawl his way to "the bigtime" by fighting guys he was supposed to lose to in the first place.....after 30 plus fights.

Comment

Didnt you know? Beating an overrated prospect by knockout makes you the greatest ever. its even funnier how Jacobs was his best win, but some Pirog supporters will keep talking about how Jacobs was some ****ty overhyped bum.

that being said, I think Pirog is fairly talented and has a really interesting style, and is definitely a top fighter at Middleweight. I dont think he would beat Martinez, but that fight really should happen.

Pirog vs Golovkin would also be quite an interesting match.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          I agree....I know I talk trash about the guy, he is probably a swell dude for all i know. The thing that urks me is that people are like "Martinez is ducking the guy", "Martinez fights these other bums but not Pirog"

I mean...REALLY? Both Barker and Dzinziruk had much better, established records than Pirog does. He hasn't even fought 20 fights in his entire pro career while these other guys that Martinez is allegedly "ducking" Pirog for have over 30 plus wins and are either undefeated, title-holders or both. Let Pirog get some more good wins under his belt, he has just ONE...just ONE win over a decent prospect.

If he beats one of these other guys that I see mentioned in here, Geale, Golovkin, etc. then maybe something can happen. It's like Martinez is a bum for not giving Pirog an "opportunity" when he had to fight and crawl his way to "the bigtime" by fighting guys he was supposed to lose to in the first place.....after 30 plus fights.
          Agree, if Sexy wasn't there watching the Pirog/Jacobs fight I doubt he has ever heard of Pirog seeing as he so obscure.

I mean he looks good but decent fighters often do look good against bums, there is nothing to suggest to this date that he could be any kind of challenge for Sergio.

Let him beat someone good then he is in the discussion, really Andy Lee is deserving of the 1st crack at the legitimate MW title.

Comment

He has not done much of anything to garner the rating he gets on this forum, all he did was beat another untested prospect like himself and 18 Russian turnip farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
              Didnt you know? Beating an overrated prospect by knockout makes you the greatest ever. its even funnier how Jacobs was his best win, but some Pirog supporters will keep talking about how Jacobs was some ****ty overhyped bum.

that being said, I think Pirog is fairly talented and has a really interesting style, and is definitely a top fighter at Middleweight. I dont think he would beat Martinez, but that fight really should happen.

Pirog vs Golovkin would also be quite an interesting match.
              All you have to do is watch Pirog to know he's a good fighter and better than Barker or Macklin.

Further, Martinez says he wants to fight Chavez jr. because he has his belt. Well what about Pirog? Doesn't he have his belt too? But he says he doesn't want to fight pirog because he stole his belt or whatever, that doesn't make any sense.

I want the fight for several reasons:

1). It's a unification bout most importantly. Isn't that what we boxing fans want, a single unified champ?

2). It's a very interesting match stylistically. Pirog has never fought anyone like Martinez and Martinez has never fought anyone like Pirog.

3). There aren't many other guys for Martinez to fight in the division. Forget Macklin, as far as I'm concerned there is Pirog, Golovkin & Kid Chocolate.

Comment

Agree, if Sexy wasn't there watching the Pirog/Jacobs fight I doubt he has ever heard of Pirog seeing as he so obscure.
                and who knew sergio before kermit cintron was nice enough to give him a fight? A few months prior sergio was fighting a guy who was 14-10 and a couple fights before that a guy who was 3-34. Everyone deserves their shot at some point and being that the MW division is so poor at the moment, why not now?

Comment

All you have to do is watch Pirog to know he's a good fighter and better than Barker or Macklin.

Further, Martinez says he wants to fight Chavez jr. because he has his belt. Well what about Pirog? Doesn't he have his belt too? But he says he doesn't want to fight pirog because he stole his belt or whatever, that doesn't make any sense.

I want the fight for several reasons:

1). It's a unification bout most importantly. Isn't that what we boxing fans want, a single unified champ?

2). It's a very interesting match stylistically. Pirog has never fought anyone like Martinez and Martinez has never fought anyone like Pirog.

3). There aren't many other guys for Martinez to fight in the division. Forget Macklin, as far as I'm concerned there is Pirog, Golovkin & Kid Chocolate.

Yeah let's just forget that Macklin beat Sturm (it was pretty clear that he did) and treat Pirog as a top three MW because he knocked out Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                    Yeah let's just forget that Macklin beat Sturm (it was pretty clear that he did) and treat Pirog as a top three MW because he knocked out Jacobs.
                    where did I say priog is top 3?

The ONLY reason Macklin is fighting Martinez is because he's also promoted by dibella which is an in-house fight and because Martinez will beat him. That's it.

Comment

where did I say priog is top 3?

The ONLY reason Macklin is fighting Martinez is because he's also promoted by dibella which is an in-house fight and because Martinez will beat him. That's it.
                      You may very well be right, but his resume is better than Pirog's at this point.

Okay top 4 because you said there were only 3 fighters worth fighting Martinez in the division. You excluded Lee, Sturm, Geale, Proksa, Martin Murray, Macklin, and N'Jikam despite the fact they have similar if not better (in some cases) resumes.

Comment

Working...
                      X