No announcement yet.

Canasota questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canasota questions

Which fighter who isn't in the Boxing Hall Of Fame do you feel most deserves to be there?

And which fighter who is already induced do you feel deserves to be there the least?

isn't there but belongs- Santos Laciar, strange answer I know but look his accomplishments up. Doesn't belong- Barry McGuigen, doesn't have the longevity, quality wins, or signature win to belong in the hall, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
      isn't there but belongs- Santos Laciar, strange answer I know but look his accomplishments up. Doesn't belong- Barry McGuigen, doesn't have the longevity, quality wins, or signature win to belong in the hall, IMO
      OK Laciar was not a name I recognised but his resume looks pretty good on paper.

Barry McGuigan doesn't really belong in the hall. For me Jess Willard is the least deserving hall of famer though.

Comment

If I had to pick one name, Eddie Booker most deserves it.

Jess Willard is probably the least deserving HOF I can think of atm.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          If I had to pick one name, Eddie Booker most deserves it.

Jess Willard is probably the least deserving HOF I can think of atm.
          Way to just go and steal my answer Christo. GOSH

Comment

Hamed should be in.

Willard should be out.

Comment

Hard to argue with Eddie Booker.

Anyone else think Johnny Famechon deserves to be in?

Comment

Naz should most definitly be in and there are too many guys to name who don't belong.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
                  OK Laciar was not a name I recognised but his resume looks pretty good on paper.

Barry McGuigan doesn't really belong in the hall. For me Jess Willard is the least deserving hall of famer though.

Barry McGuigan may not be worthy based on his ring resume but for services to the sport in the decades since he retired, commentating, being a columnist, now a trainer too.

Of course Sylvester Stallone was inducted based on services to boxing, igniting interest in the sport etc.......

It doesn't look like ring resume is all important.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                    I see your point purely in terms of what he achieved in the ring but for me McGuigan deserves to be in there hands down. His career is intimately linked to the political divsions and sectarion tensions that were occurring in Northern Ireland at he time that he was fighting. He attracted genuine cross community support. There were brief moments of peace when he was in the ring and he brought a divided people closer together at a time of heightened fear.

Comment

Working...
                    X